|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
The Chained Essence of Eranikus can release a poison that will damage an enemy for 45 seconds. This is a great item for preventing a rogue from stealthing with .
As a quest objective
- This trinket is very useful; turning it in to Itharius is not recommended at this time, as the quest line halts abruptly. You cannot retrieve the Chained Essence once you have turned it over.
- Every time you use it, the tortured sentience of Eranikus begs you for release (or just gives you death threats).
- I sense my grip on the Dream twisting into chaos.
- Will the nightmare ever end?! I cannot force myself awake!
- My soul is not a trinket! Mortal, you must release me from these chains!
- My eyes! It burns... it burns...
- Torture me no more! Release me, mortal! The Swamp of Sorrows... mortal... please...
- Foolish mortal, I will rend your soul in two once I am released!
- Foolish mortals you do not yet see the potential of that Artifact.
- You are an agent of their wicked god, fool. I will see you destroyed!
- It hurts so much... Itharius, my old friend... Please help me...
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed. Existing items updated from uncommon to rare quality.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Essence of Eranikus now has a poison cloud graphic around it when used.