Originally, this service was only available as part of the Public Test Realm as a "Copy Character" button in the Character selection screen.
- Activating a clone is irreversible. Once a clone is activated, it cannot be deactivated
- A clone is a snapshot copy of your WoW Classic character taken right before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch
- Includes your inventory, items in the bank, items in the mailbox, and friends list
- Characters created after pre-patch are not cloned. This means you cannot activate the clone of a Draenei or Blood Elf character on a Classic Era realm. By extension, you cannot activate the clone of an Alliance Shaman or Horde Paladin on Classic Era realm
- Any game progress you make on the Burning Crusade Classic Progression realm after pre-patch will not translate to Classic Era
- Characters you deleted before pre-patch are cloned and can be activated, as long as you can undelete the character
- You can hide deactivated clones from your character selection screen. However, a deactivated clone still counts against your total character limit on your realm
- You can delete and undelete clones as any other character
- Activating a clone on a Classic Era realm type does not give you a choice of realm
- Your character will remain on the same realm it was before pre-patch. For example, if you played on Ashbringer in WoW Classic, you can activate your character on Classic Era Ashbringer, or on Progression Ashbringer, or pay to activate both
- If you want to transfer to another realm, you can purchase a Character Transfer service from the character selection screen
- It is not possible to transfer a character (either a clone or a newly created character) between a Progression realm and a Classic Era realm
- You can transfer a Burning Crusade Classic Progression character to another Burning Crusade Classic Progression realm
- You can transfer a Classic Era character to another Classic Era realm
- Characters activated on a Classic Era realm are all guild-less, including Guild Masters. On Classic Era realms, all guilds must be recreated.