|The subject of this article was removed in patch 3.0.2 but remains in World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic.
- "You have been judged unworthy. May the Light have pity upon your blackened soul." —Boris Brightbeard
- This ability was added to replace as the racial priest spell for dwarven and draenei priest.
- Chastise was a Holy spell, rendering it unusable by priests in .
- Some players reported that the damage caused by Chastise appeared to scale with spell damage.
- Also, players reported that Chastise didn't share the global cooldown; this characteristic made it ideal for use in multiple-action macros.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Chastise has been redesigned and made available to all Holy priests. (See )
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Chastise has been removed from the game.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): The disorientation effect has been replaced with a root effect, the cooldown has been removed and it gained benefits from .
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added.