|Level||70 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Culling of Stratholme|
- "Epoch" redirects here. For other uses, see Epoch (disambiguation).
Chrono-Lord Epoch is sent by the leader of the Infinite dragonflight to make sure he mixes the past events in Old Stratholme. In World of Warcraft, he is the third boss of the Culling of Stratholme; an instance introduced in Wrath of the Lich King.
The infinite dragonflight often tries subtle methods to manipulate the timeways, but if that fails they can send an assassin to deal with Arthas directly. While little is known about the agents of the infinite dragonflight, Epoch displays a dangerous mastery of time that makes him a deadly obstacle to Arthas's future.
Attacks and abilities
- Time Warp — Time slows down, reducing attack, casting and movement speed by 70% for 6 sec. Epoch also attacks a party member three times in quick succession during this.
- Time Step — Chrono-Lord Epoch steps through time, charging a random player and inflicting Physical damage to them.
- Wounding Strike — Savagely wounds the target, dealing 100% weapon damage, reducing healing effects by 25%, and 750 Physical damage every 1 sec. for 4 sec. Used only on the tank.
- Curse of Exertion — Increases the cost of spells and abilities by 100% for 8 sec. Can be removed.
- Time Stop — Stuns the whole party for 2–3 seconds. Stun duration affected by talents which reduce stun effects.
Typical tank and spank encounter but with some things to look out for. Curse of Exertion should be decursed from the healer asap to avoid the healer going oom mid-fight. Healers should watch out for the party member getting attacked during Time Warp.
- Arthas says: What else can he put in my way?
- Chrono-Lord Epoch yells: Prince Arthas Menethil, on this day, a powerful darkness has taken hold of your soul. The death you are destined to visit upon others will this day be your own.
- Arthas says: I do what I must for Lordaeron! Neither your words nor your actions will stop me.
- We'll see about that, young prince.
- Time warp
- Tick tock, tick tock...
- Not quick enough!
- Let's get this over with.
- Killing a player
- There is no future for you.
- This is the hour of our greatest triumph!
- You were destined to fail.
- Chrono-Lord Epoch shares his name with the time machine Epoch in the 1995 Square Enix game Chrono trigger for the SNES. (Later re-made on other systems.) His line "There is no future for you" is also a quote from the game.
- Epoch (εποχή) is also a Greek word that refers to a cessation or fixed point of time, while his title is derived from the Greek word "χρόνος" (chronos), meaning "time." He shares this title with Chrono Lord Deja.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.