||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
Cleansing Totem (formerly known as Poison Cleansing Totem and Disease Cleansing Totem) is a shaman ability available at level 38. It places a totem at the feet of the shaman that attempts to remove 1 poison and 1 disease effect from nearby party members every 3 seconds. It is the result of the combination of [Poison Cleansing Totem] and [Disease Cleansing Totem].
Talents that can improve the totem:
Useful for dealing with mobs that constantly deals out disease debuffs when soloing.
Most useful when dealing with mobs or bosses that can afflict diseases on several party members.
The totem will cleanse all members within the effective radius, thus keeping the party in peak performance. Not to mention this will save the shaman some mana as opposed to cleansing one by one.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
Earthmender Duarn references Cleansing Totem's removal in one of his random comments.
- Earthmender Duarn says: I fail to understand why they banned totemic cleansing. No one was ever in range, anyways.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Poison Cleansing Totem and Disease Cleansing Totem have been merged into Cleansing Totem. Cleansing Totem pulses every 3 seconds, down from 5.