- The goal with Connected Realms is to give players on lower-population realms more opportunities to group up, compete, and connect with other players to take on Azeroth's bigger challenges. That sort of interaction is a big part of what makes World of Warcraft fun, and this feature will help deliver that experience to even more players.
- 1 List of Connected Realms
- 1.1 Americas region
- 1.2 Europe region
- 1.3 Korean region
- 1.4 Taiwan region
- 1.5 China region
- 2 General information
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Patch changes
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Building on the existing cross-realm technology, a Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms who's databases have been merged. Connected realms behave as if they are one cohesive realm, meaning players are able to join the same guilds, trade and access a single shared Auction House, in addition to able to share the same mythic raid lockouts prior to the hall of fame closing.
The first realms were connected 2013-10-25, and continued regularly with the bulk of the original connections completed by 2014-10-08. Since then, additional realm connections have occurred only occasionally.
List of Connected Realms
- Nesingwary, Vek'nilash, and Nazgrel (10/28/2013 and 01/09/2014)
- Dentarg and Whisperwind (11/04/2013)
- Fizzcrank and Aggramar (11/13/2013)
- Echo Isles and Draenor (11/18/2013)
- Cairne, Perenolde, Cenarius, Korgath, Tortheldrin, Frostmane and Ner'zhul (11/04/2013, 11/25/2013, 01/23/2014, 08/04/2020, 08/20/2020, and 09/10/2020)
- Winterhoof and Kilrogg (11/25/2013)
- Arygos and Llane (11/25/2013)
- Fenris and Dragonblight (12/02/2013)
- Icecrown, Malygos, Garona, Onyxia, Burning Blade and Lightning's Blade (10/21/2013, 11/18/2013, 12/16/2013, 08/27/2020 and 09/10/2020)
- Quel'dorei, Sen'jin, Boulderfist, Bloodscalp, Maiev, Dunemaul and Stonemaul (9/25/2013, 10/21/2013, 10/24/2013, 11/04/2013, 12/16/2013 and 08/13/2020)
- Velen, Eonar, Scilla, Ursin, Andorhal, Zuluhed, Black Dragonflight, Skullcrusher and Gul'dan (10/15/2013, 11/13/2013, 12/16/2013, 12/23/2013, 07/17/2014, 09/03/2020 and 09/17/2020)
- Draka, Suramar, Darrowmere and Windrunner (12/23/2013 and 09/17/2020)
- Galakrond and Blackhand (01/03/2014)
- Shandris and Bronzebeard (01/03/2014)
- Bladefist and Kul Tiras (01/09/2014)
- Uldaman and Ravencrest (01/09/2014)
- Misha and Rexxar (01/23/2014)
- Alleria, Khadgar, Exodar and Medivh (01/30/2014, 03/13/2014 and 09/29/2020)
- Shu'halo and Eitrigg (01/30/2014)
- Uther and Runetotem (02/06/2014)
- Azjol-Nerub, Khaz Modan, Blackrock, Nordrassil and Muradin (12/02/2013, 02/13/2014, 08/13/2020 and 09/03/2020)
- Alexstraza and Terokkar (02/27/2014)
- Drak'thul, Skywall, Mok'Nathal, Silvermoon, Borean Tundra, Shadowsong, Hydraxis and Terenas (01/30/2014, 02/06/2014, 03/13/2014, 04/03/2014, 08/04/2020, 09/10/2020 and 09/17/2020)
- Duskwood and Bloodhoof (06/12/2014)
- Azuremyst, Staghelm, Dawnbringer and Madoran (06/12/2014, 07/17/2014 and 08/20/2020)
- Tanaris and Greymane (06/19/2014)
- Doomhammer and Baelgun (07/03/2014)
- Ysera and Durotan (07/10/2014)
- Elune, Gilneas, Auchindoun, Laughing Skull and Cho'gall (10/24/2013, 01/30/2014, 07/24/2014 and 09/10/2020)
- Malfurion, Trollbane, Grizzly Hills, Lothar, Gnomeregan, Moonrunner, Ghostlands and Kael'thas (03/06/2014, 06/26/2014, 06/19/2014, 07/31/2014, 08/04/2020, 09/03/2020 and 09/17/2020)
- Balnazzar, Warsong, Gorgonnash, The Forgotten Coast, Alterac Mountains, Undermine and Anvilmar (10/21/2013, 11/18/2013, 01/03/2014, 1/30/2014, 06/26/2014 and 08/27/2020)
- Gurubashi, Aegwynn, Hakkar, Daggerspine, Bonechewer and Garrosh(10/21/2013, 10/24/2013, 11/04/2013, 01/17/2014 and 13/08/2020)
- Dalvengyr, Dark Iron, Coilfang, Demon Soul and Shattered Hand (10/21/2013, 12/02/2013, 12/23/2013 and 08/21/2014)
- Garithos, Chromaggus, Anub'arak, Smolderthorn, Nathrezim, Crushridge, Drenden and Arathor (10/21/2013, 10/28/2013, 11/18/2013, 11/25/2013, 12/23/2013, 06/12/2014 and 08/27/2020)
- Dethecus, Detheroc, Blackwing Lair, Haomarush, Lethon and Shadowmoon (10/24/2013, 10/28/2013, 11/04/2013, 11/18/2013 and 08/07/2014)
- Rivendare, Firetree, Drak'tharon, Malorne, Spirestone, Stormscale, Frostwolf and Vashj (10/24/2013, 10/28/2013, 11/13/2013, 12/02/2013, 01/09/2014, 02/27/2014 and 08/13/2020)
- Azshara, Azgalor, Destromath, Thunderlord, Blood Furnace, Mannoroth and Nazjatar (10/28/2013, 11/25/2013, 01/09/2014, 01/17/2014, 03/06/2014 and 08/20/2020)
- Ysondre, Magtheridon, Anetheron and Altar of Storms (12/02/2013, 12/23/2013 and 01/23/2014)
- Akama, Dragonmaw, Mug'thol, Eldre'Thalas, Korialstrasz,Antonidas and Uldum (01/03/2014, 01/17/2014, 02/13/2014, 02/27/2014, 08/20/2020 and 08/27/2020)
- Executus, Kalecgos, Shattered Halls and Deathwing (01/03/2014, 02/06/2014 and 07/24/2014)
- Agamaggan, Jaedenar, The Underbog, Archimonde, Burning Legion, Norgannon, Kargath, Blade's Edge and Thunderhorn (01/09/2014, 01/17/2014, 01/23/2014, 01/30/2014, 08/14/2014, 08/27/2020 and 09/03/2020)
- Spinebreaker, Wildhammer, Gorefiend, Eredar, Zangarmarsh and Hellscream (11/25/2013, 02/13/2014, 02/27/2014, 03/06/2014 and 09/10/2020)
- Kirin Tor, Steamwheedle Cartel and Sentinels (02/06/2014 and 03/27/2014)
- Farstriders, Silver Hand and Thorium Brotherhood (02/13/2014 and 03/27/2014)
- Feathermoon and Scarlet Crusade (03/13/2014)
- The Scryers and Argent Dawn (07/03/2014)
- Cenarion Circle, Sisters of Elune, Blackwater Raiders and Shadow Council (06/19/2014, 08/21/2014 and 09/03/2020)
- The Venture Co, Maelstrom, Lightninghoof, Ravenholdt and Twisting Nether (07/31/2014, 08/21/2014 and 08/04/2020)
- Dath'remar, Khaz'goroth and Aman'Thul(04/03/2014 and 09/18/2020)
- Caelestrasz,Nagrand and Saurfang(06/12/2014 and 09/25/2020)
- Dreadmaul, Thaurissan, Gundrak, Jubei'Thos and Frostmourne(02/27/2014, 03/13/2014, 09/02/2020 and 09/11/2020)
- Nemesis and Tol Barad
- Kilrogg, Runetotem, Nagrand, Arathor and Hellfire (2013-11-15, 2014-03-26, 2014-06-18 and 2020-08-21)
- Thunderhorn and Wildhammer (2013-12-02)
- Aggramar and Hellscream (2014-06-11)
- Azjol-Nerub and Quel'Thalas (2014-06-25)
- Aszune and Shadowsong (2014-07-04)
- Bloodhoof and Khadgar (2014-07-09)
- Bronze Dragonflight and Nordrassil (2014-07-09)
- Lightbringer and Mazrigos (2014-07-23)
- Azuremyst and Stormrage (2014-08-13)
- Doomhammer and Turalyon (2014-09-09)
- Blade's Edge, Vek'nilash, Eonar, Aerie Peak and Bronzebeard (2014-09-17, 2014-10-08 and 2020-09-18)
- Alonsus, Kul Tiras and Anachronos (2014-09-24 and 2014-10-01)
- Emerald Dream and Terenas (2014-10-01)
- Emeriss, Hakkar, Crushridge, Agamaggan, Bloodscalp and Twilight's Hammer (2013-10-25, 2013-11-06, 2013-11-22, 2014-03-05 and 2014-10-01)
- Burning Steppes, Kor'gall, Executus, Bloodfeather, Shattered Hand, Darkspear, Terokkar and Saurfang (2013-11-06, 2013-11-27, 2014-02-12, 2014-04-02, 2014-07-04, 2014-07-16 and 2020-09-10)
- Chromaggus, Shattered Halls, Boulderfist, Daggerspine, Talnivarr, Trollbane, Ahn'Qiraj, Balnazzar, Laughing Skull and Sunstrider (2013-11-20, 2013-11-22, 2013-11-27, 2013-12-04, 2014-01-08, 2014-01-15, 2014-01-22, 2014-03-05 and 2014-03-12)
- Aggra, Grim Batol and Frostmane (2013-12-20 and 2020-08-13)
- Karazhan, Lightning’s Blade, Deathwing, The Maelstrom, Dragonblight and Ghostlands (2013-12-20, 2014-02-07, 2014-06-25, 2014-07-04 and 2020-09-10)
- Auchindoun, Jaedenar, Dunemaul and Sylvanas(2014-01-29, 2014-02-12 and 2020-09-04)
- Bladefist, Zenedar, Frostwhisper, Darksorrow, Genjuros and Neptulon (2014-02-07, 2014-03-12, 2014-03-26, 2014-07-04 and 2020-08-28)
- Dragonmaw, Haomarush, Spinebreaker, Vashj and Stormreaver (2014-02-07, 2014-02-12, 2014-02-26 and 2014-03-26)
- Skullcrusher, Xavius, Al'Akir and Burning Legion (2014-02-26, 2014-10-01 and 2020-08-13)
- Burning Blade and Drak'thul (2014-03-26)
- Dentarg and Tarren Mill (2014-07-23)
- Moonglade, The Sha'tar and Steamwheedle Cartel (2014-03-12 and 2014-10-08)
- Scarshield Legion, Sporeggar, The Venture Co, Ravenholdt, Defias Brotherhood, Darkmoon Faire and Earthen Ring (2013-11-06, 2013-11-27, 2014-01-22, 2014-06-11, 2014-09-03 and 2020-09-10)
- Area 52, Un'Goro and Sen'jin (2013-11-27 and 2014-06-18)
- Garrosh, Nozdormu, Shattrath, Perenolde and Teldrassil (2014-01-15, 2014-01-22, 2014-07-16, and 2020-09-10)
- Ambossar, Kargath and Thrall (2014-06-11 and 2020-09-18)
- Malorne and Ysera (2014-06-18)
- Malfurion and Malygos (2014-07-04)
- Arygos and Khaz'goroth (2014-07-09)
- Lordaeron, Tichondrius and Blackmoore(2014-07-09 and 2020-08-13)
- Baelgun, Lothar, Azshara and Krag'jin (2014-07-16, 2014-08-22, and 2020-08-13)
- Dun Morogh and Norgannon (2014-07-23)
- Alleria and Rexxar (2014-08-19)
- Madmortem, Proudmoore, Alexstrasza and Nethersturm (2013-11-22, 2014-08-27 and 2020-08-13)
- Dethecus, Theradras, Mug'thol, Terrordar and Onyxia (2013-10-25, 2013-11-06, 2013-11-22 and 2014-08-19)
- Echsenkessel, Taerar, Mal'ganis and Blackhand (2013-10-25, 2014-03-05 and 2020-09-04)
- Arthas, Vek'lor, Blutkessel, Kel'thuzad, Wrathbringer, Durotan and Tirion (2013-11-12, 2014-02-07, 2014-07-16, 2014-08-19, 2014-08-22 and 2020-08-21)
- Anetheron, Rajaxx, Gul'dan, Festung der Stürme, Nathrezim and Kil'Jaeden (2013-11-20, 2014-01-08, 2014-01-15, 2014-08-13 and 2014-09-03)
- Dalvengyr, Nazjatar, Frostmourne, Zuluhed, Anub'arak and Aman'Thul(2013-12-04, 2014-08-27, 2014-09-03, 2014-09-09 and 2020-07-08)
- Nefarian, Nera'thor, Mannoroth, Destromath, Gorgonnash, Gilneas and Ulduar (2014-04-02, 2014-07-23, 2014-07-30, 2014-08-05, 2014-08-27 and 2020-08-05)
- Todeswache, Zirkel des Cenarius, Die Nachtwache, Forscherliga, Der Mithrilorden and Der Rat von Dalaran (2014-08-22, 2014-08-27, 2014-09-03, 2020-08-21, and 2020-08-28)
- Das Syndikat, Die Arguswacht, Die Todeskrallen, Der Abyssische Rat, Kult der Verdammten, Das Konsortium, Die ewige Wacht and Die Silberne Hand (2013-12-20, 2014-02-12, 2014-03-05, 2014-08-22, 2014-08-27, 2014-10-08 and 2020-08-28)
- Medivh and Suramar (2014-02-26)
- Elune and Varimathras (2014-03-12)
- Drek'thar, Uldaman, Eitrigg and Krasus (2014-02-07, 2014-08-05 and 2020-09-04)
- Chants éternels and Vol'jin (2014-09-24)
- Naxxramas, Temple Noir, Arathi and Illidan (2013-11-06, 2013-12-20 and 2014-04-02)
- Arak-arahm, Throk'Feroth, Rashgarroth and Kael'Thas (2013-12-04, 2014-01-08 and 2014-09-24)
- Garona, Ner’zhul and Sargeras (2013-12-20 and 2014-09-17)
- Eldre'Thalas, Sinstralis, Cho'gall, Dalaran and Marécage de Zangar (2014-01-08, 2014-01-15, 2014-03-12 and 2020-08-28)
- Confrerie du Thorium, Les Clairvoyants, Les Sentinelles, Kirin Tor, Culte de la Rive noire, La Croisade écarlate and Conseil Des Ombres (2014-02-12 and 2014-02-26, 2014-03-05, 2014-08-19, 2020-09-04 and 2020-09-18)
- C'Thun and Dun Modr (2020-09-10)
- Exodar and Minahonda (2013-12-20)
- Colinas Pardas, Tyrande and Los Errantes (2014-01-08 and 2014-02-26)
- Shen'dralar, Zul'jin, Uldum and Sanguino (2013-11-12, 2013-11-22 and 2013-12-04)
- Подземье (Deepholm), Разувий (Razuvious) and Галакронд (Galakrond) (2013-12-04 and 2020-08-21)
- Король-лич (Lich King), Седогрив (Greymane) and Голдринн (Goldrinn) (2014-07-09 and 2020-09-18)
- Черный Шрам (Blackscar), Гром (Grom), Термоштепсель (Thermaplugg), Борейская тундра (Borean Tundra), Пиратская бухта (Booty Bay) and Ткач Смерти (Deathweaver) (2014-07-23, 2014-07-30, 2020-08-28, 2020-09-10 and 2020-09-18)
- 불타는 군단 (Burning Legion), 스톰레이지 (Stormrage) and 듀로탄 (Durotan) (Connected Sept 04, 2020)
- 렉사르 (Rexxar), 와일드해머 (Wildhammer), 윈드러너 (Windrunner), 알렉스트라자 (Alexstrasza) and 데스윙 (Deathwing) (Connected Sept 02, 2020)
- 세나리우스 (Cenarius), 달라란 (Dalaran), 말퓨리온 (Malfurion), 노르간논 (Norgannon), 가로나 (Garona), 굴단 (Gul'dan), 줄진 (Zul'jin), 하이잘 (Hyjal) and 헬스크림 (Hellscream) (Connected Sept 11, 2020 and Sept 18, 2020)
- 聖光之願 (Light's Hope), 天空之牆 (Skywall), 水晶之刺 (Crystalpine Stinger), 憤怒使者 (Wrathbringer), 銀翼要塞 (Silverwing Hold), 屠魔山谷 (Demon Fall Canyon) and 日落沼澤 (Sundown Marsh) (Connected Connected September 04, 2020 and September 25, 2020)
- 眾星之子 (Quel'dorei), 暗影之月 (Shadowmoon), 語風 (Whisperwind), 冰風崗哨 (Chillwind Point), 寒冰皇冠 (Icecrown), 尖石 (Spirestone), 阿薩斯 (Arthas), 地獄吼 (Hellscream) and 狂熱之刃 (Zealot Blade) (Connected August 21, 2020 and September 11, 2020)
- 血之谷 (Bleeding Hollow), 冰霜之刺 (Frostmane), 米奈希爾 (Menethil), 巨龍之喉 (Dragonmaw), 夜空之歌 (Nightsong), 雷鱗 (Stormscale), 亞雷戈斯 (Arygos), 雲蛟衛 (Order Of The Cloud Serpent) and 世界之樹 (World Tree) (Connected August 28, 2020 and September 19, 2020)
- 奥蕾莉亚 (Alleria), 布莱恩 (Brann), 万色星辰 (Kaleidoscope Star) and 世界之树 (World Tree)
- 亚雷戈斯 (Arygos) and 银松森林 (Silverpine Forest)
- 艾维娜 (Aviana) and 艾露恩 (Elune)
- 塞纳留斯 (Cenarius), 海达希亚 (Hydraxis), 图拉扬 (Turalyon) and 瓦里玛萨斯 (Varimathras)
- 梦境之树 (Dream Bough), 诺兹多姆 (Nozdormu) and 泰兰德 (Tyrande)
- 回音山 (Echo Ridge), 霜之哀伤 (Frostmourne), 神圣之歌 (Holy Chanter) and 遗忘海岸 (The Forgotten Coast)
- 翡翠梦境 (Emerald Dream), 黄金之路 (Gold Road) and 永夜港 (Nighthaven)
- 羽月 (Feathermoon), 玛多兰 (Madoran), 银月 (Silvermoon) and 耳语海岸 (Whispering Shore)
- 麦迪文 (Medivh) and 月光林地 (Moonglade)
- 普瑞斯托 (Prestor), 逐日者 (Sunstrider) and 奥杜尔 (Ulduar)
- 阿比迪斯 (Abbendis) and 踏梦者 (Dreamwalker)
- 伊莫塔尔 (Immol'thar) and 萨尔 (Thrall)
- 大漩涡 (Maelstrom) and 风暴之怒 (Stormrage), 提尔之手 (Tyr's Hand), 萨菲隆 (Sapphiron), 布莱克摩 (Blackmoore) and 灰谷 (Ashenvale)
- 燃烧之刃 (Burning Blade), 格瑞姆巴托 (Grim Batol) and 埃霍恩 (Ahune)
- 凤凰之神 (Al'ar) and 托塞德林 (Tortheldrin)
- 主宰之剑 (The Master's Glaive) and 霍格 (Hogger)
- 无尽之海 (The Great Sea) and 米奈希尔 (Menethil)
- 亡语者 (Deathwhisper), 克尔苏加德 (Kel'Thuzad) and 奥尔加隆 (Algalon)
- 洛肯 (Loken) and 海克泰尔 (Hectae)
- 天空之墙 (Skywall), 法拉希姆 (Falathim), 玛法里奥 (Malfurion), 麦维·影歌 (Maiev Shadowsong), 血羽 (Bloodfeather), 森金 (Sen'jin), 沙怒 (Sandfury), 戈提克 (Gothik) and 雏龙之翼 (Wing of the Whelping)
- 鬼雾峰 (Dreadmist Peak), 黑暗之矛 (Darkspear), 塞泰克 (Sethekk), 罗曼斯 (Rommath), 巨龙之吼 (Dragonmaw) and 黑石尖塔 (Blackrock)
- 雷克萨 (Rexxar), 火喉 (Firegut), 激流堡 (Stromgarde Keep) and 阿古斯 (Argus)
- 红云台地 (Red Cloud Mesa), 卡扎克 (Lord Kazzak), 爱斯特纳 (Astranaar), 戈古纳斯 (Gorgonnash), 巴纳扎尔 (Balnazzar), 激流之傲 (River Pride), 拉格纳洛斯 (Ragnaros) and 龙骨平原 (Dragonblight)
- 拉文霍德 (Ravenholdt), 山丘之王 (Bronzebeard), 红龙军团 (Red Dragonflight), 加里索斯 (Garithos) and 库德兰 (Kurdran)
- 暴风祭坛 (Altar of Storms), 利刃之拳 (Bladefist), 摩摩尔 (Murmur), 熵魔 (Entropius), 黑翼之巢 (Blackwing Lair), 玛里苟斯 (Malygos) and 艾萨拉 (Azshara)
- 迅捷微风 (Swiftwind) and 萨洛拉丝 (Sacrolash)
- 索瑞森 (Thaurissan), 试炼之环 (Ring of Trials), 伊利丹 (Illidan) and 尘风峡谷 (Dustwind Gulch)
- 深渊之喉 (Abyssal Maw), 古拉巴什 (Gurubashi), 安戈洛 (Un'goro), 德拉诺 (Draenor), 深渊之巢 (Deephome), 外域 (Outland), 织亡者 (Deathweaver), 阿格拉玛 (Aggramar) and 屠魔山谷 (Demon Fall Canyon)
- 祖尔金 (Zul'jin), 破碎岭 (Crushridge), 埃基尔松 (Akil'zon), 厄祖玛特 (Ozumat) and 奎尔萨拉斯 (Quel'Thalas)
- 塞拉摩 (Theramore), 暗影迷宫 (Shadow Labyrinth) and 麦姆 (Maim)
- 卡珊德拉 (Cassandra) and 暗影之月 (Shadowmoon)
- 艾森娜 (Aessina), 月神殿 (Temple of Elune), 轻风之语 (Whisperwind) and 伊瑟拉 (Ysera)
- 菲拉斯 (Feralas), 奈萨里奥 (Neltharion), 红龙女王 (Alexstrasza), 格雷迈恩 (Greymane), 黑手军团 (Blackhand) and 瓦丝琪 (Vashj)
- 蓝龙军团 (Blue Dragonflight), 朵丹尼尔 (Dor'Danil), 希雷诺斯 (Searinox), 芬里斯 (Fenris), 烈焰荆棘 (Smolderthorn), 沃金 (Vol'jin) and 天谴之门 (Wrath Gate)
- 冰霜之刃 (Frostmane) and 安格博达 (Angerboda)
- 斩魔者 (Demonslayer), 埃加洛尔 (Azgalor), 鲜血熔炉 (Blood Furnace) and 幽暗沼泽 (The Underbog)
- 埃雷达尔 (Eredar) and 永恒之井 (Well of Eternity)
- 达克萨隆 (Drak'Tharon) and 阿纳克洛斯 (Anachronos)
- 范克里夫 (VanCleef) and 血环 (Bleeding Hollow)
- 熔火之心 (Molten Core) and 黑锋哨站 (Ebon Watch)
- 加基森 (Gadgetzan) and 黑暗虚空 (Twisting Nether)
- 迪瑟洛克 (Detheroc), 拉文凯斯 (Ravencrest), 加兹鲁维 (Gazlowe), 奥金顿 (Auchindoun) and 哈兰 (Halaa)
- 大地之怒 (Deepfury), 恶魔之魂 (Demon Soul) and 希尔瓦娜斯 (Sylvanas)
- 刺骨利刃 (Daggerspine), 千针石林 (Thousand Needles), 白骨荒野 (Bone Wastes) and 能源舰 (The Mechanar)
- 哈卡 (Hakkar), 诺森德 (Northrend), 燃烧军团 (Burning Legion) and 死亡熔炉 (Deathforge)
- 铜龙军团 (Bronze Dragonflight), 普罗德摩 (Proudmoore) and 玛洛加尔 (Marrowgar)
- 诺莫瑞根 (Gnomeregan), 无底海渊 (Abyssal Depths), 阿努巴拉克 (Anub'arak), 刀塔 (Bladespire), 自由之风 (Freewind), 达隆米尔 (Darrowmere), 艾欧纳尔 (Eonar) and 冬寒 (Winterchill)
- 达尔坎 (Dar'Khan), 鹰巢山 (Aerie Peak), 石锤 (Stonemaul) and 范达尔鹿盔 (Staghelm)
- 燃烧平原 (Burning Steppes) and 风行者 (Windrunner)
- 伊兰尼库斯 (Eranikus), 阿克蒙德 (Archimonde) and 恐怖图腾 (Grimtotem)
- 地狱之石 (Fel Rock), 火焰之树 (Firetree) and 耐奥祖 (Ner'zhul)
- 洛萨 (Lothar), 阿卡玛 (Akama) and 萨格拉斯 (Sargeras)
- 加尔 (Garr) and 黑龙军团 (Black Dragonflight)
- 冬泉谷 (Winterspring) and 寒冰皇冠 (Icecrown)
- 圣火神殿 (Shrine of the Dormant Flame) and 桑德兰 (Thunderaan)
- 提瑞斯法 (Tirisfal Glades) and 暗影议会 (Shadow Council)
- 卡德罗斯 (Khardros), 符文图腾 (Runetotem), 黑暗魅影 (Dark Phantom) and 阿斯塔洛 (Astalor)
- 基尔罗格 (Kilrogg), 巫妖之王 (Lich King) and 迦顿 (Geddon)
- 古加尔 (Cho'gall) and 洛丹伦 (Lordaeron)
- 地狱咆哮 (Hellscream), 阿曼尼 (Amani) and 奈法利安 (Nefarian)
- 卡拉赞 (Karazhan) and 苏塔恩 (Sutarn)
- 夺灵者 (Soulflayer), 战歌 (Warsong) and 奥斯里安 (Ossirian)
- 凯恩血蹄 (Bloodhoof), 瑟莱德丝 (Theradras) and 卡德加 (Khadgar)
- 暮色森林 (Duskwood), 杜隆坦 (Durotan), 狂风峭壁 (Windshear Crag) and 玛瑟里顿 (Magtheridon)
- 烈焰峰 (Flame Crest) and 瓦拉斯塔兹 (Vaelastrasz)
- 守护之剑 (Guardian Blade) and 瑞文戴尔 (Rivendare)
- 火烟之谷 (Dustbelcher), 玛诺洛斯 (Mannoroth), 达纳斯 (Danath Trollbane)
- 奥妮克希亚 (Onyxia), 海加尔 (Hyjal) and 纳克萨玛斯 (Naxxramas)
- 索拉丁 (Thoradin), 雷霆之王 (Thunderlord), 勇士岛 (Fray Island) and 达文格尔 (Dalvengyr)
- 血吼 (Gorehowl) and 黑暗之门 (Dark Portal)
- 安纳塞隆 (Anetheron), 日落沼泽 (Sundown Marsh), 风暴之鳞 (Stormscale) and 耐普图隆 (Neptulon)
- 祖达克 (Zul'Drak) and 阿尔萨斯 (Arthas)
- 元素之力 (Force of Elemental), 菲米丝 (Felmyst) and 夏维安 (Xavian)
- 古达克 (Gundrak) and 梅尔加尼 (Mal'Ganis)
- 阿拉索 (Arathor) and 阿迦玛甘 (Agamaggan)
- 迦玛兰 (Jammal'an) and 霜狼 (Frostwolf)
- 伊森德雷 (Ysondre), 达斯雷玛 (Dath'Remar), 库尔提拉斯 (Kul Tiras) and 雷霆之怒 (Thunder Bluff)
- 塔纳利斯 (Tanaris), 巴瑟拉斯 (Barthilas) and 密林游侠 (Rangers)
- 安其拉 (Ahn'Qiraj), 弗塞雷迦 (Explorer's League) and 盖斯 (Gyth)
- 嚎风峡湾 (Howling Fjord) and 闪电之刃 (Lightning's Blade)
- 埃克索图斯 (Executus) and 血牙魔王 (Gorefiend)
- 塞拉赞恩 (Therazane) and 太阳之井 (Sunwell)
- 安威玛尔 (Anvilmar) and 扎拉赞恩 (Zalazane)
- 奎尔丹纳斯 (Que'Danas), 艾莫莉丝 (Emeriss) and 布鲁塔卢斯 (Brutallus)
- 藏宝海湾 (Booty Bay), 阿拉希 (Arathi) and 塔伦米尔 (Tarren Mill)
- 末日祷告祭坛 (Doom's Vigil), 迦罗娜 (Garona), 纳沙塔尔 (Nazjatar) and 火羽山 (Fire Plume Ridge)
- 石爪峰 (Stonetalon Peak) and 阿扎达斯 (Archaedas)
- 恶魔之翼 (Direwing) and 通灵学院 (Scholomance)
- 奥达曼 (Uldaman) and 甜水绿洲 (Lushwater Oasis)
- 斯坦索姆 (Stratholme), 穆戈尔 (Mogor), 泰拉尔 (Taerar) and 格鲁尔 (Gruul)
- 拉贾克斯 (Rajaxx) and 荆棘谷 (Stranglethorn)
- 雷霆号角 (Thunderhorn) and 风暴之眼 (Storm Eye)
- 影牙要塞 (Shadowfang Keep) and 艾苏恩 (Aszune)
- 古尔丹 (Gul'dan) and 血顶 (Bloodscalp)
- 古基尔加丹 (Kil'Jaeden) and 奥拉基尔 (Al'Akir)
- 克洛玛古斯 (Chromaggus) and 金度 (Jin'do)
- 伊萨里奥斯 (Itharius) and 祖阿曼 (Zul'Aman)
- 冰川之拳 (Boulderfist), 双子峰 (Twin Peaks), 埃苏雷格 (Azuregos) and 凯尔萨斯 (Kael'thas)
- 丹莫德 (Dun Modr) and 克苏恩 (C'Thun)
- 安加萨 (Angrathar) and 莱索恩 (Lethon)
- 军团要塞 (Legion Hold) and 生态船 (The Botanica)
- 冬拥湖 (Wintergrasp), 迪托马斯 (Destromath) and 达基萨斯 (Drakkisath)
- 巴尔古恩 (Baelgun) and 托尔巴拉德 (Tol Barad)
- 毁灭之锤 (Doomhammer) and 兰娜瑟尔 (Lana'thel)
- 暗影裂口 (Cleft of Shadow) and 辛达苟萨 (Sindragosa)
Characters in a Connected Realm are able to send mail to characters on other realms in the Connected Realm, and to friend, whisper, and group with characters on other realms in the Connected Realm. Characters in a Connected Realm may join a guild on any realm in their Connected Realm.
All realms in a Connected Realm share a common Auction House. All realms in a Connected Realm share a common Trade Chat. Custom chat channels also work between Connected Realms.
Characters on different realms within a Connected Realm may have the same name, as may guilds. Only the name (and guild, if any) is displayed above a character's head, but if a character is on a different realm within the Connected Realm, chats, whispers, and the character's tooltip will show the character's name, followed by a dash ("-") and the name of that character's realm. The same conventions are followed within character tooltips for guild names if the other character is in a guild on a different realm.
The names of characters in lists such as guild Rosters and Who Lists who are on other realms within a Connected Realm are appended with a dash followed by their realm name. When addressing in-game mail to characters on another realm within a Connected Realm, the recipient character's name must have a dash and the other character's realm name appended.
The current limit of 11 characters on each individual realm is not affected by Connected Realms. Players are therefore allowed to create 11 characters on each Connected Realm, allowing for an overall total of far more than 11 characters on the combined virtual realm. Players who have already reached the character limit on their own realm may therefore wish to create new characters on a Connected Realm, with negligible difference. This provides new possibilities for players with regard to character limits, and effectively redefines the realm character limit as 11 x number of Connected Realms.
When a Connected Realm is selected for services such as free character moves or new player recommendations, that will affect all of the realms in a given connection.
Blizzard are considering the possibility of merging individual Connected Realm forums in order to provide a single communal forum for all players on Connected Realms.
In some cases, realm times may be adjusted to match each other as a part of the connection process.
- Why are you implementing Connected Realms?
- As WoW has evolved, we’ve seen players naturally gravitate toward a subset of very active realms, leaving behind lower-populated realms. Due to the massively multiplayer nature of World of Warcraft, certain kinds of gameplay experiences simply aren’t well-suited to a low-pop realm. By allowing players from two or more lower-pop realms to play together, we hope to give more players more opportunities to participate in group-oriented activities, helping to foster a more vibrant in-game community.
- Connected Realms also allow us to link populations in a way that’s not disruptive to players, and that doesn’t negatively impact players’ sense of identity and character. Other alternatives such as merging realms would require us to force character name changes if there were conflicts, and could lead to confusion for returning players who’d log in to find their realm missing from the realm list. Some players also feel strong ties to their realm’s name or history, and we don’t want to erase that.
- Why implement this now?
- Our cross-realm technology has continued to evolve since it was first developed for joining players in dungeons. It’s now at a point where we can create seamless worlds made up of multiple individual realms, and we think there are some really positive benefits to that.
- How can I tell if someone is on my Connected Realm, but from a different realm?
- We want the experience to feel seamless so we won’t be indicating player’s home realms in the game world. In certain places, such as chat, players' home realms will be displayed next to their name.
- Which realms will be connected as Connected Realms?
- We haven’t decided yet which realms will be made part of a Connected Realm, or which other realms they’ll be connected to, though realms will only be connected to other realms of the same type (e.g. PvE to PvE, PvP to PvP, RP to RP). In the end, we’re considering a number of factors, including Battlegroup, population, and faction balance.
- How many realms will make up a Connected Realm?
- We don’t know how many realms will make up a Connected Realm yet, and it’s likely to differ from Connected Realm to Connected Realm. Our goal is to create a vibrant and fun online experience where you can join guilds, access an active Auction House, and band together to take on group content.
- Will Connected Realms have any limitations?
- There should be no limitations. We want the experience to be seamless, and we expect it work as if you’re suddenly part of a much more active realm.
Vaneras has stated the following regarding the eventual target population for Connected Realms:
- "...the target is high population realms with some additional capacity for new players and/or migrating players. We basically want a healthy population for the connected realms, but not so high that there will be queues from the get go."
Faction balance on Connected Realms has also been the subject of much discussion on the official forums:
- "Faction balance is definitely being considered, but it is a tricky factor though, because generally the factions are not balanced within the same realm types.
- If we were connecting PvE realms with PvP realms, then faction balance would be much less of an issue since our PvP realms are typically Horde heavy, and our PvE realms are typically Alliance heavy. But since we have to connect realms within the same realm types, the population will be increased on the connected realms but we cannot fully balance the factions on all of those realms.
- That being said, the overall population situation on those realms should feel vastly improved overall once we are done with the whole process, so although the outnumbered factions in some cases will remain outnumbered, they should still see a nice boost to their numbers."
Vaneras has stated that while Connected Realms are not intended to correct population problems on high or full population servers, the implementation of the technology may eventually help with these problems:
- "The primary purpose of the connected realms feature is indeed to improve the situation on low population realms, to reinvigorate said realms. Currently that means that some of the highest population realms will not be connected with other realms, but it is a possibility that this may change in the future.
- We are very much aware that we have some high population realms that have a less than optimal faction balance, but the situation on those particular realms is a harder one to resolve exactly because the population is already at(or close to) capacity there. The Connected Realms technology implemented with the latest patch will allow us to do some great things to improve the population on many realms, but there are still technical limitations on how high a population the system can manage, and this means that it is very hard to improve things like faction balance on realms that have a very high population. Perhaps we will be able to expand or evolve the connected realms technology in the future so that it can help improve faction balance on all realms, but although this is something we can look into for sure, it is not certain that this will be possible.
- Saying this doesn't mean that we are just going to ignore the situation on those high population realms, it just means that it may be a while longer before we have a proper solution that can resolve that particular issue... it is not an option to make players change faction or transfer to another realm against their will, and that means a proper solution will have to be one that doesn't involve forcing people.
- Once realms have been connected and the populations on currently low and medium realms are healthy again, then perhaps things like FCMs from current very high population realms to the connected realms will become more attractive."
- First announced in June 2013, Connected Realms were originally known as "Virtual Servers", before being presented under their new name when the feature was officially previewed in August of that year.
- It was originally planned to use a (#) symbol to indicate a character who was part of the player's Connected Realm, but not their home realm. However, this plan was quickly changed in order to make the experience "feel seamless", with players' home realms only displayed in certain places, such as in chat.
- Connection of the first US Connected Realms took place on September 25th, 15 days after the launch of Patch 5.4, while connection of the first EU Connected Realms took place on October 25th, 45 days after the launch of Patch 5.4. The last planned realm connections were completed on October 8th, 2014, almost a year later, and 6 days before the release of the pre-Warlords of Draenor Patch 6.0.2.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.
- ^ Patch 5.4 Feature Preview: Connected Realms
- ^ Official Forums: Connected Realms (Updated 25/10)
- ^ Official Forums - A question about connected realms and characters.
- ^ Official Forums - Realm Services and Connected Realms
- ^ Official Forums - Next Connected Realms *Updated 10/24
- ^ a b c Official Forums: Connected Realms (Updated 25/10)
- ^ WowInsider: Patch 5.4 PTR: Virtual Realms announced