|Level||84 - 87 Elite|
|Pet family||Shale beast|
Corborus is the first boss of the Stonecore.
Deathwing enslaved the massive gyreworm Corborus and drove it to unearth the vast amounts of elementium required to forge the Dragon Aspect's new plating. With Deathwing's departure, however, Corborus has broken loose and now rampages though the Stonecore in blind fury.
- Crystal Barrage — Corborus channels a barrage of crystals on the location of a random enemy player, inflicting 1885 to 2115 Physical damage in a 5 yard radius around the location every 0.5 second for 4 sec. In Heroic difficulty, the Crystal Barrage also summons a Crystal Shard every 0.5 second within the area.
- Crystal Shard — These small shards of crystal have very low health. If a crystal shard ever reaches a player, they will explode and inflict 18850 to 21150 Nature damage and increase damage taken by 25% on all enemies within 5 yards for 15 sec.
- Dampening Wave — Corborus unleases a wave of energy, inflicting 2375 to 2625 Shadow damage to all enemies within 60 yards. The energy wave also inflicts each enemy with a heal absorption effect that will prevent 4000 healing on the target for 6 sec.
- Burrow — After some time has passed, Corborus will burrow into the ground and become unattackable. While Corborus is underground, Rock Borers will periodically emerge from the ground at the location of a random player and begin to attack. Corborus will also violently erupt out of the ground and resubmerge four times with a Thrashing Charge. After the fourth Thrashing Charge, Corborus emerges out of the ground and resumes normal combat.
- Thrashing Charge — Before Corborus erupts out of the ground with a Thrashing Charge, the ground where he erupts will be disturbed. Corborus then leaps out of the ground and quickly dives back underground. Any player caught in the path of this movement is dealt 23562 to 26437 Physical damage and knocked back.
- Rock Borer — Rock Borers have low health. If not killed quickly, they will inflict Rock Bore on their current target.
- Rock Bore — A Rock Borer wounds their current target, inflicting 1000 Physical damage every 3 seconds for 15 sec. Rock Bore can stack up to 10 times.
In phase 1, Corborus will be on the surface. Positioning is not overly important, although ranged dps and the healer should not stack due to Crystal Barrage. When he casts Crystal Barrage, the affected player should move out of the crystals on the floor to avoid additional damage. Even though this can be healed through, with the limited mana of healers it is a good idea to avoid as much damage as possible. Corborus will also cast Dampening Wave which will cause damage and apply a stacking debuff to all players within 60 yards absorbing up to 4000 healing and can stack up to 20 times. This will need to be healed through or a single dispell will remove the effect.
Corborus will burrow underground in phase 2, in this phase he will summon small adds which deal minor damage. These should be taken care of throughout the phase and have a rather small health pool. As well as this, while burrowing, Corborus will cause clouds of dust on the ground. Players must stay out of these as he will periodically resurface and cause damage and a knockback to any players in the dust cloud.
He will resurface and go back to phase 1.
In phase 1 Corborus' Crystal Barrage will summon 8-10 Crystal Shards about 2 seconds after the effect finishes. These have 7.5k health and will move to the closest player. If they reach their target they will explode causing 20k damage and applying a debuff which increases damage taken by 25%. For this reason, players should stay spread out. It is critical that the Crystal Shards are destroyed as soon as possible. At least one ranged DPS with good AOE should be prepared to focus all attention on the adds.
Phase 2 stays the same for tactics, add damage is increased but if hit by the emerge from Corborus you will be killed instantly. Everyone needs to be very aware of the dust cloud's position, while also being sure to keep the adds off the healer and hopefully destroy them before Corborus re-emerges.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Classification changed from elemental to beast. Now tamable.
- Hotfix (2010-12-21): Corborus should no longer reset if any of the Rock Borers evade.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.