|Level||82 - 87 Elite|
|Former affiliation(s)||Kirin Tor, Magocracy of Dalaran|
Formerly an accomplished Kirin Tor mage, Corla now serves the Twilight's Hammer with unwavering devotion. She blesses fellow zealots by harnessing nether dragon essences to transform these believers into menacing twilight drakonid.
- Evolution — Corla drains the essence of a Nether Dragon corpse and channels this essence into Twilight Zealots. The Evolution effect then rapidly stacks on the Zealot, and if the number of stacks reaches 100 then the Zealot will transform into an Evolved Twilight Zealot for the remainder of the encounter. The stacking Evolution effect lasts 15 sec.If a player moves into the beam between a Twilight Zealot and the Nether Dragon corpse, that player starts to gain the Evolution effect and begins to evolve. If the Evolution effect stacks to 100 on a player, then the player will transform into a Twilight Drakonid.
- Aura of Acceleration — Corla emits an aura that accelerates nearby friendly units within 50 yards. Accelerated units have their movement speed increased by 50%, and their attack speed increased by 15%.
- Dark Command — Corla issues a dark command, causing a random enemy player to flee in terror for 3 sec. The fleeing target is also inflicted with 5000 Shadow damage every second.
- Twilight Zealot — Two Twilight Zealots are with Corla, preparing to be evolved into Twilight Drakonids. In Heroic Difficulty, there are three Twilight Zealots.
- Kneeling in Supplication — Twilight Zealots kneel before Corla to prepare for their evolution. When kneeling they will perform no actions, and any damage taken is reduced by 99%.
- Evolved Twilight Zealot — A Twilight Zealot that gains 100 stacks of the Evolution effect transforms into a Evolved Twilight Zealot.
- Force Blast — The Evolved Twilight Zealot projects a blast of pure force at a random enemy player, inflicting 6300 to 7700 Physical damage and stunning the target for 2 sec.
- Gravity Strike — The Evolved Twilight Zealot strikes its current enemy target with a magically imbued attack. The strike inflicts 60% of the target's current health as Physical damage, and reduces the target's Attack Power by 2000 for 8 sec.
- Grievous Whirl — The Evolved Twilight Zealot swings its weapons around him, attacking all enemies within 8 yards. The attack deals 7125 to 7875 Physical damage, causes the targets to bleed for an additional 750 Physical damage every 3 seconds for 30 sec. The bleed effect is also removed if the inflicted target becomes fully healed again.
- Shadow Strike — The Evolved Twilight Zealot steps through the shadows and reappears behind his current enemy target. After the Evolved Twilight Zealot reappears, he inflicts 30000 Shadow damage to his target.
- Twilight Drakonid — A player that gains 100 stacks of the Evolution effect transforms into a Twilight Drakonid.
- Force Blast — The Twilight Drakonid projects a blast of pure force at a random enemy player, inflicting 6300 to 7700 Physical damage and stunning the target for 2 sec.
- Gravity Strike — The Twilight Drakonid strikes its current enemy target with a magically imbued attack. The strike inflicts 60% of the target's current health as Physical damage, and reduces the target's Attack Power by 2000 for 8 sec.
- Grievous Whirl — The Twilight Drakonid swings its weapons around him, attacking all enemies within 8 yards. The attack deals 7125 to 7875 Physical damage, causes the targets to bleed for an additional 750 Physical damage every 3 seconds for 30 sec. The bleed effect is also removed if the inflicted target becomes fully healed again.
- Shadow Strike — The Twilight Drakonid steps through the shadows and reappears behind his current enemy target. After the Twilight Drakonid reappears, he inflicts 30000 Shadow damage to his target.
Corla is surrounded by 2 Twilight Zealots (heroic: 3). When the fight starts, the zealots will be inactive, but will begin gaining stacks of Evolution. If a zealot reaches 100 stacks, it will transform into an Evolved Twilight Zealot, which attacks normally and deals high damage.
The key to the fight is preventing these transformations. Each zealot has a purple beam connecting it to the nether drake at the top of the room. If a player stands in that beam, he will 'steal' its effect; the zealot will stop gaining Evolution, and the player will get it instead. If a player reaches 100 stacks, he will transform and become mind-controlled, likely wiping the group.
Evolution has a 15 second duration, and takes 20 seconds to reach 100 stacks. This means that a single player can trade the beam back and forth with an assigned zealot every 15 to 20 seconds without either of them evolving. On heroic mode it is necessary to do this to all 3 zealots for the entire fight, as a zealot evolving tends to be disastrous. On normal mode, however, some groups find it easier to alternate 2-3 players in one beam while letting the other zealot evolve, killing it, and returning to the boss. On heroic mode, since three players are necessary, and there aren't enough players to keep all of the beams under control, a good rule of thumb is to sit in the beam until you have around 70-80 stacks, jump out of the beam and wait for the debuff to wear off before jumping back in the beam. Rinse and repeat as needed.
The last problem is that Corla periodically fears a random player using Dark Command. Dark Command is a 2-second cast and must be interrupted, since a player stepping out of his beam at the wrong time will likely result in an evolution. If a player does get feared away, one of the players who weren't on a beam before must take his place until his stacks clear.
|Caster mail bracers|
|Agility mail helm|
|Winter Veil only|
- HERETICS! You will suffer for this interruption!
- Evolved Zealot or Player
- Bask in his power! Rise as an agent of the master's rage!
- Killing a player
- There is only one true path of enlightenment! DEATH!
- For the master I die a thousand times... A thousan...
- In case the boss becomes too much of a problem to kill, jumping down the ramp to the left allows the group to pass the boss, however you will lose out on loot (and 70 Justice Points on heroic mode). It could be argued however that it's better to have a chance on more Justice Points from later bosses. If you use this technique Raz the crazed will not spawn to kill the Evolved Zealots on the next bridge, resulting in a very long, perhaps almost impossible fight for level 85s trying to cross that bridge.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2010-12-08): Corla will now always drop an item and the Red Winter Hat does not replace her regular loot drop. It's because she cares.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
|Blackrock Caverns||Transmorpher Beacon|