A cosmetic item refers to items, usually associated with armor, in which can either be worn in the appropriate equipment slot or used to transmogrify other items of the same type. Cosmetic items ignore the armor types such as cloth, leather, mail and plate.
Prior to the creation of the cosmetic armor type, many items were used for cosmetic appearances and often used for roleplay. These items are known as vanity items, many of which are getting turned into "cosmetic items" in World of Warcraft: Legion.
List of Cosmetic Items
It contains the following:
- These items require buildings in the garrison.
Three helms are available in the Battle.net Store for $15 US or €12, each with a unique look.
- Creating this new type of armor was logically the next step, rather than creating four items to serve the same purpose like what occurred during much of Mists of Pandaria with items such as: , , , .
- The was the first cosmetic type of item to be added into the World of Warcraft.
- Patch 9.1.5 (2021-11-02): Many cosmetic items are now consumable, teaching the relevant appearances immediately.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Cosmetic tag color changed from white. No longer considered an armor type.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Cosmetic type added.