- Crawling Claw
- Binds when picked up
- Use: Teaches you how to summon this companion.
- Undead: Returns to life immortal for one round when killed, but deals 25% less damage.
- +50% damage from -33% damage from
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 4|
|Level 10||Level 15||Level 20|
This appears as nothing more than the paw of a small primate. A closer inspection shows that the hand has been dried by centuries of exposure to the sands of Uldum. Still, you have no doubt that it is far from than meets the eye.
A legend among the tol'vir tells of a wicked djinn whom the Ramkahen sought to destroy. In an attempt to prevent his own death, the djinn tried to transfer his spirit into the body of a monkey. He was slain right in the middle of the transference, and only a fraction of his essence had moved over - only enough to possess the monkey's paw.
Djinns, being air elementals, can only be permanently killed while in the Elemental Plane (in this case Skywall). Death in the mortal plane only sends them to the Elemental Plane. If it actually was a djinn as the legend says, perhaps he had some sort of time constraint that he could not afford the delay in returning to Azeroth, and thus trying a transfer was worth the effort. Of course, this is dependent on whether an elemental could actually do such a thing, or that it would really work.
This is most likely a reference to W.W. Jacobs' short story The Monkey's Paw. It is also described by the character Sergent-Major as, "an ordinary little paw, dried to a mummy." This description is similar to that of the description given when unsolved.
- Patch 8.1.5 (2019-03-12): Many items that grant companion pets have been adjusted in rarity, to better match the rarity of the resultant pet. The quality of pets was not changed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.