Every time the rogue hits with their poisoned weapons, there is a 50% chance of the victim being slowed for 12 seconds.
- Has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Useful in PvP and instances to slow runners.
- Only affects movement speed, does not affect attack speed.
- Crippling Poison, Shiv, and combined allow a form of kiting.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-01-31): Crippling Poison now reduce the movement of targets by 50% (was 30%). The reduction remains at 30% in PvP situations.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Now learned at level 38 (was 24).
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 24 (was 19).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available only to Assassination.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Replaced . Slow reduced to 50%, down from 70%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Hotfix (2009-02-18): Crippling Poison now has a PvP duration of 10 seconds.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Stacks up to 20.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Effect and duration reduced.