|Race||Mag'har orc (Humanoid)|
|Location||Shattrath City; Darkmoon Faire; Garrison Inn|
He is known for yelling threats to the "fruit vendor" (unknown to him to be Granny Smith <Fruit Seller>), who has abandoned her cart of apples in front of Cro's leatherworking tent.
He changed his attitude in patch 2.4.3 and instead now sells for others to crush.
Cro has made the trip back in time to alternate Draenor, where he occasionally shows up in the player's Lunarfall Inn / Frostwall Tavern. Despite his apparent rehabilitation at the Darkmoon Faire, Cro now declares that he has come back in time with the intent to stop the fruit vendor's ogre army before it can begin.
- FRUIT VENDOR!!! Your cart is still in our way! We will give you one more hour to move it from our area. Do not test our patience anymore!
- Does this fruit vendor not value his life? YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME FRUIT VENDOR!!
- HA! I CRUSHED AN APPLE, FRUIT VENDOR! THIS WILL NOT BE THE LAST!!
- Who is this fruit vendor to make such a bold move? He's brought an ogre for support.
- Added with patch 2.2
- IF WAR IS WHAT YOU WANT, WAR IS WHAT YOU SHALL GET, FRUIT VENDOR!
- YOUR OGRE DOESN'T SCARE ME, FRUIT VENDOR! MY ARMY IS ON ITS WAY!
- YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED FRUIT VENDOR! I KNOW ABOUT YOUR OGRE ARMY!
- Unknown when added, Possibly in 2.3
- Does the fruit vendor think that I am blind? Do they think I wouldn't see his ogre reinforcement?
- HA! The fruit vendor must be scared for his life. He's enlisted support. Well two can play that game.
- Look at that! Near the fruit carts, an ogre. The fruit vendor is preparing for war...
- Added in 2.4.3
- FRUIT VENDOR!!! Your cart is still in our way! Your time is up! You have new competition in selling fruit!
- It's time to deal with this fruit situation on our terms. We've been far too accomidating to the fruit vendor. Now we will simply sell the fruit. But the fruit will not be for people to eat. I forbid it! No one will eat our fruit!
- HA! I CRUSHED AN APPLE, FRUIT VENDOR! NOW, YOUR APPLES WILL BE SOLD TO OTHERS FOR THEM TO CRUSH AS WELL!
- We should sell these apples, but we will not allow people to eat them. Oh no! We will sell apples to our friends, and they shall bring the fight to the fruit vendor for me!
- YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF TIME, FRUIT VENDOR!! NOW I WILL SELL YOUR ROTTEN FRUIT!
Cro is unaware that the offending fruit vendor is Granny Smith, but despite Darmari's attempts to explain this to him, he refuses to believe it. Ironically, it also appears that he has been around the apples for so long, he notes that the faire has only junk food and no apples available for purchase.
- Darkmoon Island
- It is good to get out of Shattrath every now and then.
- Not an apple cart to be seen...
- I remember when my shop saw this much traffic...
- If what you say is true about the fruit vendor being an old lady... Bah! It cannot be true!
- And you are certain that Granny Smith has left her apples in our stall all this time?
- So much junk food... But not a single apple.
To which Darmari responds with a sigh.
- Darmari sighs.
- Darmari shakes her head and sighs.
- Darmari puts her hand to her face and lets out a long sigh.
A crushed fruit tastes all the sweeter.
- He is one of the NPCs that have a chance to appear as a Master Photobomber when using whilst under the effects of .
- Cro came into existence because of a miscommunication during Shattrath's development, when the leatherworking area was decorated with a huge fruit cart. Because of time constraints, there wasn't enough time to change the fruit cart, so the designers responsible for NPC spawning came up with a backstory to explain it away. Player response was so positive that the designers expanded upon Cro's reactions in later patches.
- During the Legion alpha, he was present in the Hall of Shadows.
It is speculated by fans that his alternate timeline self is Cro Fleshrender.
At one point, there was a conspiracy theory that involved a second apple vendor in Outland, who had died before he was able to move his cart.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Dialogue updated.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Dialogue updated.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): Dialogue updated.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.
- ^ Nathaniel Chapman on Twitter (2014-07-02). “so how I heard it, due to a miscommunication, the leather working profession area in shatt was decorated with a huge fruit cart”
- ^ Nathaniel Chapman on Twitter (2014-07-02). “but due to prod sched, there wasn't time to change it. So the folks behind the city spawning decided to come up with a story for it”
- ^ Nathaniel Chapman on Twitter (2014-07-02). “and it ended up being popular/funny enough to justify expanding upon in patches.”