|The subject of this section did not make it out of the beta of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or its expansion.
Their model was later recycled as the Knight. In the Warcraft III alpha, the Knight had a different model that wielded a ball and chain, more closely resembling the Knights of Warcraft I. The Crusader's sword also had a glowing effect that was not given to the Knight.
The Crusader was to have several Seal abilities.
Statistics of Crusader from Warcraft III
- 1540 HP
- 400 MP
- 26-50 normal melee damage
- 16 heavy armor
Spells and abilities (cancelled)
Seal of Nobility
- Gives target unit full upgrades, including unknown spells, for a limited time period. Can be upgraded to Seal of Lords, and then to Seal of Kings. Each upgrade provides a longer time period for his improved abilities.
Seal of Courage
- Gives target unit a large defense bonus. Can be upgraded to Seal of Valor, and then to Seal of Fortitude.
- Among the possible random hero names were "Geros Ironblade" and "Sten Azureshield".
- Crusaders could dismount, and while mounted they had a powerful Charge attack.