Fired after asking guards in major cities for directions to a point of interest, causing the small red flag to be positioned on the world map and minimap (or to disappear when no longer needed).
- Maps do not normally need to track this event if they have already acquired the GossipDataProvider or an equivalent
- Custom replacements for GossipDataProvider could use this event to trigger RefreshAllData()
- GossipDataProvider.lua where this event is used to update the world map, archived at townlong-yak.
- C_GossipInfo.GetGossipPoiForUiMapID - provides a pointer that may be passed to GetGossipPoiInfo() for a given uiMapID
- C_GossipInfo.GetGossipPoiInfo - provides information about where a given gossip pin (usually a red flag) should appear on the given uiMapID