Daggers come only in one-handed edged weapon varieties, usually in the form of a short, narrow blade with a short handle or hilt. Some daggers have an edge on one primary side, some have curved blades, but all generally rely on the ability to stab or slash an opponent quickly.
Daggers in World of Warcraft
Daggers are used by several different melee damage dealing classes, but especially rogues. Many rogue skills require that a dagger must be held in the main hand/both hands. They are also used by lighter armored classes such as priests and mages, as daggers are easier to conceal and wield than a sword or an axe. Daggers are trainable by all classes except Paladins, Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters.
- Can have poisons applied by Rogues.
- Can be buffed with sharpening stones.
- Can be enchanted by an enchanter.
- They cannot have weightstones applied to them.
- The Kingslayers, which killed King Llane.
- , one of the Legendary weapons used to help defeat |Kael'thas Sunstrider.
- , a set of daggers that are provided to Rogues who dare to delve into the matters of the Hour of Twilight and the Black Prince.
- Fangs of Ashamane, a pair of daggers made from the fangs of the Wild God Ashamane.
- , a dagger housing an ancient entity whose origins date back to the existence of the Old Gods.