Dagger in the Dark
|Dagger in the Dark|
|Location||The Veiled Stair|
|End boss||Rak'gor Bloodrazor|
- 1 Description
- 2 Background
- 3 Geography
- 4 Scenario denizens
- 5 Stage guide
- 6 Achievements
- 7 Video
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Escort Vol'jin to discover the secrets that lie within a Saurok-infested cave.
- Aid Vol'jin in investigating a mysterious source of power... and defend him from attempts on his life.
A cave along the Veiled Stair houses an ancient mogu secret that might shed light on the origins of the saurok, and Garrosh has sent Vol’jin, the chieftain of the Darkspear, on a mission to investigate. But the Warchief may have ulterior motives, and Vol’jin doesn’t trust him. That’s where you come in. Escort Vol’jin into the heart of the cave to uncover one of the mysteries of ancient Pandaria, and keep him safe from Garrosh’s minions, who may use the mission as an excuse to silence the dissenting troll for good.
If you run this as an Alliance race other than pandaren, Lorewalker Cho's Image will be present to explain why you are given a troll illusion, and that you are running the scenario as historical fact.
- This is the tale of the Dagger in the Dark!
- It was here that three bold adventurers saved Vol'jin, leader of the Horde's Darkspear trolls, from certain assassination.
Why do I look like a troll?
- Ah, because you are an actor in this tale!
- Much better than simply reading history from some musty old scroll, wouldn't you agree?
- Now go forward, and learn!
Stage 1: The Mission...
- Speak with Vol'jin to begin the search for the Saurok cave.
- Vol'jin says: Everyone be here now. Let's get dis done wit.
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor says: Proceed by foot. We'll circle around and look for another entrance.
- Vol'jin says: As da Warchief commands...
- Rak'gor and the Kor'kron fly off on wyverns.
- Vol'jin says: I'm glad you here to watch me back. I don't like da look of Garrosh's goons.
- Vol'jin says: Let's mount up and move out!
- Grizzle Gearslip yells: Hey - wait for me! I don't like goons, either.
Stage 2: We Ride!
- Find the entrance to the Saurok Cave.
- Vol'jin says: Scouts say dere's ancient magics in dese caves. Warchief wants 'em checked out.
Stage 3: Guards!
- Defeat the Saurok guarding the cave.
- Vol'jin says: Dem Saurok be guardin de cave. Let's take care of 'em.
- Defeat the Saurok Patrol.
- Vol'jin says: Hold up - there's somethin' dere.
- Vol'jin says: One a dem lizard-beasts. Fight on me bruddahs!
- Defeat the Darkhatched Lizard-Lord.
- The Darkhatched Lizard-Lord calls for help!
Stage 4: Into the Cave
- Make your way deeper into the cave.
- Vol'jin says: Have you fought dese 'tings before?
- Vol'jin says: It's like dey got weapons, but no brains.
- Grizzle Gearslip says: We can take this boat inside. Just let me make a few modifications...
- Grizzle Gearslip says: And...done! A self-propelled saurok slaying machine.
- Vol'jin says: One of you man da guns, the rest on foot.
- Vol'jin says: Kill anyting dat squirms!
- The boat is now armed with a cannon. One player, Grizzle, and Vol'jin can man the boat to attack nearby mobs as the boat sails. Sometimes the boat will be halted by a Darkhatched Sorcerer.
- A Darkhatched Sorcerer has put the boat into Stasis! Kill it to interrupt the spell.
- Complete the boat ride.
Stage 5: The Source
- Find the source of the Saurok.
- Vol'jin yells: Here! Stop da boat here.
- Grizzle Gearslip yells: Here, take this! It'll help you against any swarms.
- Grizzle Gearslip says: I'll just ... be right here. Don't forget about me!
- Find the Saurok Hatchery.
Stage 6: The Broodmaster
- Defeat Broodmaster Noshi.
- Vol'jin says: Dis be some kinda spawnin chamber.
- Vol'jin says: ...And dat be one ugly mudder!
- When Broodmaster Noshi is 20% Health, the roof starts to collapse and rocks fall from the sky. Stay under Vol'jin's Big Bad Voodoo magical dome to prevent from being hit.
- Vol'jin yells: Be careful! Da roof be comin' down!
- After Broodmaster Noshi is slain:
- Vol'jin says: Somethin unnatural about 'dese creatures.
- Bloodrazor and the Kor'kron spawn at the pool's edge and run up.
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor yells: This is the chamber we're looking for.
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor yells: The Warchief has learned there's a connection between the Mogu and these creatures.
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor yells: Troll! You know all about this... voodoo. What can you find?
- Vol'jin says: "Voodoo"
- Vol'jin scoffs under his breath at the orc's blatant ignorance.
Stage 7: Investigation
- Investigate the Mogu Statues.
- Vol'jin says: Watch me back while I investigate...
- Investigate the West Statue.
- The statue appears to be of an ancient Mogu emperor.
- Investigate the East Statue.
- It seems as though this cave used to contain powerful Mogu magic.
Final Stage: Ambush!
- Fend off the Kor'kron ambush.
- Vol'jin says: 'Dese "Mogu," dey workin' wicked dark magic here.
- Vol'jin says: Da Saurok, 'dey not born - 'dey was created. Flesh shaped an' bent.
- Vol'jin says: Dis be the blackest of magics, mon!
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor says: Yes! The power to shape flesh, to build warriors. This is what the Warchief wants!
- Bloodrazor walks towards Vol'jin.
- Vol'jin says: Garrosh playing god? Making monsters? Dis ain't what da Horde is about!
- Bloodrazor stops in front of Vol'jin.
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor yells: He knew you were a traitor!
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor stabs Vol'jin in the neck.
- Vol'jin falls to the ground.
- Vol'jin says: H-help-
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor yells: The Warchief will annihilate his enemies!
- Defeat Rak'gor Bloodrazor and the two Kor'kron.
- Rak'gor Bloodrazor yells: Hellscream... will find out...
- Vol'jin says: Da... Warchief shows... his hand.
- Vol'jin says: Dis be what da Horde come to? Killin' its own? We can't let dis happen.
- Vol'jin says: Champions, I need ya.
- Vol'jin says: Go back to da Warchief. Tell 'im I'm dead. Stay close to 'im. Watch 'im.
- Vol'jin says: You an' me, we move to take 'im out when da time is right.
- Vol'jin says: Others are like me. You gotta find 'em.
- Vol'jin says: Swear da blood oath wit me.
- Click on Vol'jin.
- Vol'jin holds his hand out to you.
Swear the blood oath with Vol'jin
- Vol'jin says: It be done. We bruddahs in dis. Until da end.
- Vol'jin says: I gonna disappear for a while. [Gasps] Don't forget about me.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Alliance players can now experience this scenario.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.