|Level||72 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Arcatraz, Tempest Keep|
Before she was imprisoned by the naaru, Dalliah was one of the most vicious and aggressive warriors within the Burning Legion. Spending so much time as a cellmate to Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates did not improve her disposition either.
- Whirlwind — Dalliah the Doomsayer attacks all players within 0 yards in a whirlwind of steel that lasts 6 sec, inflicting Physical damage.
- Gift of the Doomsayer — Dalliah the Doomsayer curses a player for 10 sec, giving them a 100% chance to heal Dalliah the Doomsayer when they are healed.
- Double Attack — Dalliah the Doomsayer has a 25% chance to attack twice with each melee attack.
- Shadow Wave — Dalliah the Doomsayer hurls a bolt of dark magic at a player, inflicting 2250 to 2750 Shadow damage and increasing damage taken from Shadow by 50%.
Whirlwind and Heal
After about 30 seconds into your attack, she'll do a whirlwind attack. At that time, all melee attackers and the Main Tank need to clear her Whirlwind quickly to avoid getting hit for about 1800. After her whirlwind attack, she'll break into a 2-second heal. At this time, Rogues should kick, mages counterspell, warriors can Intercept and Shield Bash or Pummel, druids can Feral Charge, and shamans can Wind Shear. She is immune however, to any effect that will silence her, stun her, incapacitate her, or otherwise any normal effect that most bosses are immune to.
To increase the chances of interrupting her Heal, Curse of Tongues can be used to increase the cast time of her heal, allowing for easier interruption. However, it has a high chance of being resisted and may not be worth trying to be honest.
Gift of the Doomsayer
Periodically she will cast a debuff on the party member highest on her aggro list. The debuff icon looks similar to the Shadow Protection buff, but with a red box. The debuff description reads: "Chance to heal enemy target when healed".
"When healed" means any method of gaining HP, such as direct heals, heals over time, potions or . Make sure when you begin the fight that, if you have a shadow priest, vampiric embrace is not active for this reason. The priest shield does not trigger the debuff, since there's no HP gain. Affected party members should right click on, and remove all still active HoTs.
It is possible to keep the target alive with the priest shield. Another method would be that the tank targets a group member prior to receiving a heal (as the debuff heal the tank's target. A theoretical sound method but not very useful practically, as this require very good coordination between the tank and the healer, and even if done correctly, the tank's threat generation suffers. Therefore, it is easier to simply out-dps this heal).
Dalliah has no mana. No mana leech ability will work, though previously this was a viable strategy.
This as well as the aforementioned whirlwind and heals, can be Wind Sheared by Shamans to prevent them from being cast. Feral Druids can use Feral Charge while in (Dire) Bear form to interrupt this heal on normal and heroic difficulty.
- Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates yells: Did you call on me?
- Dalliah the Doomsayer yells: Why would I call on you?
- Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates yells: To do your heavy lifting, most likely.
- Dalliah the Doomsayer yells: When I need someone to prance around like an overstuffed peacock, I'll call on you.
- Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates yells: Then I'll commit myself to ignoring you.
- Dalliah the Doomsayer yells: What would you know about commitment, sheet-sah?
- Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates yells: You are the one who should be-- Wait, we have company...
- Aggro Soccothrates first
- Don't worry about me; kill that worthless dullard instead!
- Soccothrates at 25%
- More than you can handle, scryer?
- I suppose I'll end up fighting them all myself.
- I've grown used to cleaning up your messes.
- Soccothrates's dies
- Congratulations. I've wanted to do that for years.
- It is unwise to anger me!
- Successful Heal
- Ahh... that is much better.
- Ahh... just what I needed.
- Killing a player
- Completely ineffective. Just like someone else I know.
- You chose the wrong opponent.
- I'll cut you to pieces!
- Reap the Whirlwind! (This quote may be a reference to the Ghost in starcraft's similar quote, "You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!")
- Now I'm really angry.
- It is possible that she and her counterpart are references to Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers villains, Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa, as they bicker continually and are voiced in a similar manner.
- Dalliah is voiced by Kath Soucie.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.