- Not to be confused with Bambala.
|Title||<Loa of Treachery>|
|Location||Dusky Grotto, Ardenweald|
At an unknown point in time, Dambala was killed and his soul was sent from Azeroth to the Shadowlands. His soul was sent to Ardenweald and came to reside within a wildseed to start his rebirthing process. His wildseed was later stolen by Mueh'zala's loyalists led by High Priest Rakazodu, who sought to resurrect him and Hakkar the Soulflayer to serve in their master's army. While Hakkar was quick to abandon Mueh'zala for his own goals, Dambala did not, and subsequently joined the rest of Mueh'zala's forces attacking Ardenweald. He guarded the entrance to the Other Side in the Dusky Grotto, and was killed by a Maw Walker, transformed into a Mystic Runestag by Lady Moonberry.
After his death, Lady Moonberry declared that they had driven Mueh'zala out of Ardenweald.
- Duplicitous Images — Creates a series shadowy clones of Dambala.
- Treacherous Toxin — Injects the enemy with a vicious toxin, inflicting Shadow damage every 5 sec.
In the RPG
- Dambala was first introduced in the non-canon Warcraft RPG sourcebooks Magic & Mayhem (2004) and Horde Player's Guide (2006). He was canonized in Battle for Azeroth in 2018—14 years after his first mention in the franchise—by Shadow Hunter Ty'jin's mission ability Blessing of Dambala, before making his first direct appearance in Shadowlands.
- Dambala is a reference to one of the most important of the Haitian loa, Damballa, the serpent spirit. He birthed the cosmos and is the creator of life.
- After his death, Dambala can be skinned.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.
- Shadow of Dambala
- Dambala's Husk
|Dusky Grotto||Spirit Glen|