Dampening is a stacking debuff that occurs in Arena matches that run too long, designed to prevent matches from ending in a draw. It reduces healing received and absorption effects by 1% per stack.
Dampening begins after 5 seconds upon starting 2v2 games, or 5 minutes and 5 seconds for any other arena bracket. After dampening starts each player will gain a stack of the debuff every 10 seconds, reducing healing received and damage absorption effects by 1% per stack.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-03-31): Dampening now starts at a 20% healing reduction in 2v2 matches.
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Dampening is now applied to an Arena match starting at the 5 minute mark (down from 10 minutes).
- Hotfix (2013-10-21):
- [Requires a realm restart.] The Crowd Chose You!!! has been removed and replaced with a debuff called Dampening.
- [Requires a realm restart.] For Arena matches that last more than 10 minutes, all players in the Arena will begin to receive Dampening.
- Dampening is a stacking debuff applied to all players in the Arena every 10 seconds.
- Each stack of Dampening reduces all healing and damage absorption by 1%.
- If neither team has won after 20 minutes, the Arena match will end in a draw.
- Necrotic Strike's healing absorption is not affected by Dampening.