- Dark Rune
- Crafting Reagent
- Use: Restores 1200 mana at the cost of 800 life.
- 1 Charge
- Sell Price: 20
This item drops from:
- Dark Summoner in Eastern Plaguelands
- Vile Tutor in Eastern Plaguelands
- Scholomance Dark Summoner in Scholomance
- Scholomance Necromancer in Scholomance
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Instructor Malicia in Scholomance
- Lady Illucia Barov in Scholomance
- Lorekeeper Polkelt in Scholomance
- The Ravenian in Scholomance
As an ingredient
Dark Rune is used in the following recipes:
As a quest objective
- A Dark Rune is also used to create the various Objects of Beckoning that used to summon Twilight Lords in Silithus.
- Using a Dark Rune can kill a player if the player's health is lower than the amount taken by the rune. Characters with low health can use it to instantly kill themselves as the rune can absorb all their hit points. As dying this way does not damage the player's equipment, the rune may practically be used to avoid repair bills from dying.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stacks to 200, up from 20.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Now drops from cultists in the Eastern Plaguelands.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Cooldown increased to 15 minutes.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): The damage dealt by Dark Rune will no longer be affected by the user's increased spell damage items.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Added.