|Level||98 - 110 (Requires 98)|
|Experience||15,050 (level 100)|
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Notes
- 6 Progression
- 7 Patch changes
- 8 External links
- Enter Calydus's Demonic Portal
- Obtain the Skull of the Man'ari
Felsoul Hold is not far away, but it is well defended. Very tough to get in the normal way, but Calydus can help you sneak in!
There is a portal that my kind use to haul in treasures, with it you can get in and find the skull!
- 15,050 XP (level 100)
Friend was able to get the skull?
Yes, Calydus senses it! Keep its gaze turned away from Calydus, friend. I gladly work for you without compulsion.
On accept, Calydus opens a demonic portal in the center of the room. Upon using it, you are transported to Felsoul Hold in Suramar and placed in a single-player scenario.
- Calydus says: Calydus knows where that is! Calydus can help!
Stage 1: Searching the Hold
- The skull should be within Felsoul Hold. Make your way down the path and search for it.
- Locate the Skull of the Man'ari
- Thal'kiel says: There you are, mortal! I sense you are near. Move quickly and head down the path.
- Thal'kiel says: The master is gone and his minions gorge upon my power. Come, repay this degradation! Introduce them to unfathomable levels of pain!
As you head down the path to the south, a Wyrmtongue Servant spots you and runs away.
- Wyrmtongue Servant yells: An intruder! I must warn the others!
Around a ritual circle in the southeast, next to a fel river, three Eredar Doomweavers are channeling a "Wyrd Binding" spell on the skull, stunning it and preventing it from moving.
- Thal'kiel says: Good! Now, before the master returns, slay my captors and free me!
Upon killing all three doomweavers, Mephistroth suddenly teleports in and runs towards the ritual circle.
- Mephistroth says: Foolish warlock! Did you really think I would remain unaware of your infantile plot to steal my treasure? You underestimate the Nathrezim!
- Mephistroth grabs the Skull of the Man'ari.
- Mephistroth says: As for you, treacherous skull, I'll deal with you later.
- Mephistroth says: Come to me, servant of hellfire! Rid me of this uninvited guest.
- Mephistroth summons a Felborn Overfiend before disappearing.
Stage 2: Getting Over the Overfiend
- Defeat the Felborn Overfiend.
- Defeat the Felborn Overfiend
The overfiend has three abilities: Fel Blast (a ranged fireball), Fel Sear (which channels a stream of fel fire in front of the overfiend) and Felflame Shield (which deals damage to nearby enemies). Have one of your demons tank the overfiend while you stay out of range of Fel Sear and Felflame Shield.
Stage 3: Demon Hunting
- Mephistroth has escaped with the skull. Find a way across his trap and chase after him!
- Mephistroth's Barrier crossed
Mephistroth has traveled to a clearing on the other side of the river.
- Mephistroth yells: Fire the guns! Cover the path in hellfire! Don't let the warlock through!
Head across the stone bridge until you reach the area covered in Hellfire, which reduces movement speed by 85% and deals heavy Fire damage to anyone standing in it. Place a on the other side of the Hellfire area to travel across to where the dreadlord is standing.
Stage 4: The Legion
- Mephistroth has sent his minions after you. Survive their assault until Lady Tyrana and Pain Mistress Nikta arrives, then kill them.
- Defeat the leaders of the attackers
- Defeat waves of enemies (3)
- Mephistroth yells: Your persistence will be the death of you! Minions, attack!
- Mephistroth teleports away.
Waves of enemies begin to emerge from the large building nearby. The first wave consists of a Dreadguard Sentry and an Eredar Soul Binder. The second is a Wrathguard Hellblade and two Fel Mongrels. After defeating the second wave:
- Thal'kiel says: Do you hear me, mortal? Mephistroth imprisoned me at the far side of the valley. Hurry! I sense he is preparing for something... significant.
The third and final wave consists of two Eredar Soul Binders and two Fel Mongrels. Upon defeating them as well, two eredar named Lady Tyrana and Pain Mistress Nikta emerge from the building.
- Lady Tyrana yells: Playtime's over, mortal!
- Pain Mistress Nikta yells: Actually, sister, playtime has only begun!
Defeat them as well.
Stage 5: Screams of the Skull
- Mephistroth is attempting to destroy the skull! Clear the way to his ritual site and stop him!
- Interrupted Mephistroth's ritual
- Mephistroth Defeated
- Mephistroth says: Did you think I would stand idle as you clawed your way through my minions? Listen, mortal, as the treasure you fight so hard to obtain is broken to my will!
- Thal'kiel says: Arrrghhh!
- Thal'kiel says: Curse you! I will not give in!
Run down the path to the southeast, where Mephistroth is performing a ritual on the skull in the form of a "Sphere of Obliteration", whose description reads: "A powerful sphere of chaotic energy encases the target. It will soon be destroyed!"
As you travel along the path, a Dreadfall Infernal suddenly falls from the sky and attacks you. After destroying it, proceed to the dreadlord. At level 100, Mephistroth has 481,000 health and mainly uses a ranged spell. He can also cast "Haze of the Dreadlord", which summons moving clouds that reduce movement speed by 75% and inflict Shadow damage every second to those who stand in them.
- Mephistroth yells: I grow tired of your interference! DIE!
When he has almost been reduced to 1% health, the dreadlord teleports away in a cloud of smoke.
- Mephistroth yells: Enjoy your victory while you can, warlock. This isn't over between us. It has only begun!
Stage 6: The Skull of the Man'ari
- Mephistroth has escaped but the skull is intact. Take it.
- Retrieve the skull
The Skull of the Man'ari is floating in the middle of the area. Loot and equip it.
Final Stage: There's a New Master in Town
- The skull is yours! Step through its portal to depart this place.
- Portal of Thal'kiel used
- Thal'kiel says: Freedom! The feeling is sweet, but Mephistroth's magic has diminished my power. Let's depart this place before the dreadlord is able to return.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.