|Former affiliation(s)||Sons of Lothar|
|Location||Wayne's Refuge, Terokkar Forest|
David Wayne is a human quest giver located on a small tip of land just east of Firewing Point in Terokkar Forest. He is a former member of the Sons of Lothar, and can be found at Wayne's Refuge in Terokkar Forest. He left the Sons to become part of "something larger".
After looting the in Shadowmoon Valley and completing the subsequent quest, you will be sent to Wayne as part of a quest called . None of the following quests are available until The Hermit Smith has been completed.
- (Dungeon) - Mechanar
- (Dungeon) - Shadow Labyrinth
- (Dungeon) - Shattered Halls
- (Dungeon) - Steamvault
You can take a man away from the Sons of Lothar, but you can't take the Sons out of him.
<The smith shrugs.>
It's hard to explain, but I don't feel like I'm meant to be at Honor Hold right now, is all.
Perhaps I'm meant to be part of something larger.
- "Ashk zila enkil X adare lok revos xi mannor kiel lok zilthuras il archim Il gular adare kamil revola lok karaman il zila tichar" ("Into this blade, I imbue the power to strike down the strongest of demons! No demon shall stand before the wielder of this weapon!") — Demonic, spoken while forging Illidari Bane weaponry.
- His name is the result of a combination of the first names of the two presidential brothers, David Palmer and Wayne Palmer, from the television show "24".
- His name may also be a reference to actor, director, and comedian David Wain, known perhaps most popularly for the TV show "Stella" with Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter.
- His TCG artwork is used by the Master Swordsmith card in Hearthstone.
- He may be related to Vinna Wayne.
- During the days of The Burning Crusade it was a common speculation that David would eventually end up being revealed as the second son of Alexandros Mograine. The Corrupted Ashbringer event in the Scarlet Monastery mentioned another Mograine living in Outland who might be able to reforge the Ashbringer. David's relative youth for a member of the Sons of Lothar, his isolation, his blacksmithing skills and his dialogue all led people to speculate that he was the one High Inquisitor Fairbanks was speaking about. Wrath of the Lich King eventually revealed that the other son was actually Darion Mograine. The Ashbringer also did not end up being forged anew, it was purified by Tirion Fordring.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.