Blood elf |
|Location||Northwestern Isle of Thunder|
The Dawnseeker Promontory is the Sunreaver Onslaught toehold on a small island off the northwestern coast of the Isle of Thunder. After claiming Zeb'tula (and phasing in the Dawnseeker Promontory), adventurers of the Horde wishing to help the Sunreaver Onslaught claim the rest of the isle can teleport here from the Horde camp at southeast of the Shado-Pan Garrison in Townlong Steppes. Surrounded by the Bay of Echoes, the Wildvine Marsh and Diremoor are to the east, and the Court of Bones is to the south. Following its establishment, completion of daily quests will contribute to the promontory's continued construction.
- Quest givers
- Always present
- Court of Bones quest givers
- Ihgaluk Crag quest givers
- Za'Tual quest givers
- According to lead quest designer Dave Kosak, the Sunwell-esque structure being built behind Lor'themar is an arcane focus.
- The Alliance equivalent is the Violet Rise, phased in from Shaol'mara, off the southeastern coast of the island.
- The three main Horde quest givers (Halduron, Rommath, and Aethas) will rotate in and out of the promontory; for example, one day, Rommath and his entourage may appear at the promontory instead of the Court of Bones and will offer no quests, while another day, Halduron and his own will return to the base. On such days, different quests will be handed out to supplement the ones given by the returned leader.
- If Alliance players venture near the promontory's base camp, only Lor'themar and Aethas are visible, while Halduron and Rommath (even if they've been rotated back to the base Horde-side) will not appear. Lor'themar will aggro if players get too close; Aethas is hostile, but unattackable. This is likely due to phasing mechanics.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.