- For the pyramid, see Dazar'alor (pyramid).
Capital city (in-game)|
Zandalari troll |
|Former ruler(s)||King Rastakhan †|
|Affiliation||Zandalari Empire, Horde|
|Location||Central Zuldazar, Zandalar|
|PvP status||Horde territory|
Dazar'alor refers to the urban center of the Zuldazar region. It is named after the royal palace, the pyramid of Dazar'alor. Two of the palace's floors, centered around the Great Seal in the palace's interior chamber, serves as the Horde's embassy on Zandalar and includes some portals to each major city, profession trainers, bank and guild banks, transmogrifier and a mission table. The current ruler of the city is Queen Talanji.
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Notable inhabitants
- 4 Travel connections
- 5 Notes and trivia
- 6 Speculation
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
The Cataclysm inflicted great damage on Zuldazar, causing the great palace of King Rastakhan to list to one side, the forum to be flooded with seawater, jagged fissures tearing up the tiles, and high tides coming up to the market awnings. But while there was some damage, the city was rebuilt, after Zul's departure.
Battle for Azeroth
After the Horde saved Zul and Talanji from the Stormwind Stockades, Zandalar let the Horde establish an embassy within the Great Seal. Some time later, Zul launched an insurrection against Rastakhan. With Zandalar opening its borders to non-trolls, other races such as tol'vir and tuskarr traveled to the Port of Zandalar to do trade.
Battle for Dazar'alor
During the Battle for Dazar'alor, the city is put under siege by the forces of the Alliance. Jaina Proudmoore and her ship spearheaded the Alliance navy's assault on Dazar'alor. Once they were within range, the Alliance planned to detonate the hidden explosives they planted on the Golden Fleet's ships. The Golden Fleet, however, began harrying the Alliance navy with their ballistaes and one of them collapsed the floor of Gelbin Mekkatorque's position just as he was about to detonate the explosives. Jaina began using her magic to shield her ship from missiles; just long enough for Mekkatorque to re-position his remote detonator machine and blow up the entire Golden Fleet defending the Port of Zandalar. With the Golden Fleet in ruins, the Alliance navy invaded Dazar'alor with little resistance.
During the battle, King Rastakhan urged Bwonsamdi to aid his forces. Bwonsamdi created a blood moon and raised the dead to fend off the Alliance. However, despite the Horde and the Zandalari's combined defenses, the Alliance breached Dazar'alor and faced Rastakhan. Rastakhan refused the Alliance's offer of surrender and declared that the Zandalari would endure long after the Alliance had crumbled to dust. Determined to protect his empire and people, Rastakhan fought against the Alliance forces until his death.
The Queen's ascension
During the sacred rite of kings and queens, many Dazar'alor citizens and Horde representatives gathered at the steps of Zanchul to celebrate the ascension of the new queen. However, before Talanji could begin the sacred ritual, dissidents led by the White Widow rose up in protest of a priest of Bwonsamdi becoming their queen. In response, Talanji and her allies dealt with the protests by making the dissenters see reason and allowed them to bend the knee, however not all chose to accept and instead fought to the death for their opinions.
Maps and subregions
- Main article: Dazar'alor NPCs
- Queen Talanji
- High Prelate Rata
- Wardruid Loti
- Hexlord Raal
- General Rakera
- Baine Bloodhoof
- Nathanos Blightcaller
- Chief Telemancer Oculeth
- Bladeguard Kaja
- God King Rastakhan †
- Zul †
- Yazma †
- Vol'kaal †
- General Jakra'zet †
Notes and trivia
- Although Dazar'alor is referred to as the city (and is displayed as such on the map), it is, in fact, Zuldazar that is the city proper's name. This was the case before Battle for Azeroth, when the island lacked distinct zones, and this distinction continues occasionally after it.
- The damage caused by the Cataclysm caused Rastakhan's palace to tilt to the side. The damage to Zuldazar was later rebuilt, which would have included the palace.
- Dazar'alor is not a zone or a proper subzone distinct from Zuldazar, despite having its own map. Dazar'alor as a zone with its own chat channel only exists around The Great Seal.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ King Dazar#Adventure Guide
- ^ Prophet Khar'zul: We NEED dis land! Da cataclysm destroyed our home!
- ^ The Dark Prophet Zul
- ^ a b c
- ^ a b : Dockmaster Cobo says: He was wrong. Oh there was damage, but Zul fled, with our fleet, and started a few wars. Those of us who stayed, endured. We rebuilt. Because THAT is what it means to be a Zandalari.
- ^ Now Live: Tides of Vengeance
- ^ : Master Mathias Shaw says: An assault on the city of Dazar'alor will destabilize the Horde's relations with the Zandalari.