Because Deadly Poison deals damage over time, it prevents rogues afflicted with it from stealthing and prevents all players from bandaging for more than a second. However, its continuing damage causes many forms of crowd control to break.
Tips and tactics
- Worthy to note is that Deadly Poison on the target causes damage that breaks other rogues' and , important tools for crowed control.
- Deadly Poison is a basic Rogue spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."
- Hotfix (2017-02-03): Damage increased by 4%.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): Deadly Poison damage increased by 30%.
- Hotfix (2016-08-22): Deadly Poison instant damage has been increased to 17% Attack Power (was 14.2%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available only to Assassination.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Combat Rogues learns at level 92, replacing Deadly Poison with .
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Replaced . No longer stacks. The effect of has been built into this poison.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Base damage and attack power coefficient have been increased by 30%.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Stacks up to 20.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage slightly increased. Cost reduced.