Night elf, Tauren, Blood elf,|
|Level||77 - 81 Elite|
Death Knight Captains are a little darker than their underlings, though they share much in appearance. The Deathknight Captains often come in pairs or with a pair of Death Knights.
- Blood Plague-A vicious strike that deals weapon damage and plagues the target, dealing 8000 (30000 on 25-man) Shadow damage over 12 sec.
- Plague Strike-Same as Blood Plague.
- Raise Dead-Raise a Deathchill Servant.
- Unholy Presence-Increases melee attack speed by 15%.
- Whirlwind - Deathknight Captains will occasionally use a whirlwind attack that hits for high damage. The attack will also periodically knockdown those it hits. The captain may move while he does this, so stay on your toes.
- Hits BWL geared rogues for 4300, or 2800 when disarmed
- Charge/Intercept - He rarely does this, as far as I know.
- Separate them and tank them. Some may opt not to melee, but if you go in after a whirlwind ends, concentrated fire from a 40-man raid should burn it down before it can whirlwind again.
- Regular melee damage of this type of mob doesn't hit hard. With some dodging we managed to kill a pack of 2 with only 8 people.
- Can be disarmed
With a whirlwind that you really can't shake a stick it, we opted to spare our more close-encounter type players and ranged these nasties down. We kept that away from our magic users and they also posed little threat. One of the two of these were so terrifying that they caused us to run around, much like the proverbial headless chicken. We opted to fight in already well cleared areas to prevent any accidents.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Renamed from Deathknight Captain to Death Knight Captain. Level changed from 61 to 81. Model updated, and no longer appear as humans.