|Death and Decay|
|Rank levels||43 (rank 2)|
- "It's not hard to track a death knight, mon. Just follow da devastation."
It is the key to AoE tanking, and should always be used on cooldown when facing two or more mobs. It should not be used against single targets, as your other attacks provide more threat.
For DPS, it is worth using when facing large packs.
- Main article: Death and Decay
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Blood: Damage has been increased by 25%.
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Now available to all specializations.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Death and Decay's now also hits up to 3 additional targets.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Frost. Now causes and to hit additional targets while the death knight remains in the area. Damage increased by 125%.
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Damage has been increased by 10%.
- Hotfix (2014-10-16): Damage increased by 20%.
- Hotfix (2013-10-03): Death and Decay, Howling Blast, and Pestilence should no longer incorrectly grant a radius bonus when cast while the Death Knight is moving.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): Death and Decay will no longer trigger the Runic Return two piece PvP set bonus.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer produces a high amount of threat.