|Reputation||+350 Guardians of Hyjal|
or or |
Place the Twilight Drake Skull at the feeding grounds south of the Ascendant's Circle and slay Desperiona.
- Desperiona slain
We've located the matriarch's feeding grounds south of the Ascendant Circle.
She will be extremely angry to have lost one of her drakes. Place the skull there near the carcasses she devours. If she's anywhere in the vicinity, she will come out and attempt to exact revenge.
We will have a surprise waiting for her.
It's good to see you, <name>.
That went... better than expected.
Head southwest past the Ascendant's Circle. Atnear the lava lake are a few carcasses. Use the skull to both drop it on the ground and summon in Aronus, Desperiona and Aviana!
- Aronus yells: Show yourself, beast! We will destroy you and your corrupt spawn no matter where you hide!
- Desperiona yells: What coward dares attack my young while I'm away? I will feed your entrails to my brood!
- Aviana appears and casts some magic on Desperiona, keeping her from taking any actions for 60 seconds or so.
- Aronus yells: Slay her now, before Aviana's magic wears off!
- Aviana yells: You will not defile the winds of Hyjal for much longer, monster!
Where Aronus is tanking Desperiona, it is possible to melee her. Stand on the cliff above the lava immediately beneath Aronus. Desperiona has 130,000 health and Aviana's freeze lasts for 60 seconds. Thus, ~2000 dps is required to kill her before the freeze wears off. Move quick! Aronus helps, as his melee swings hit for around 900-1300 every 2.5 seconds or so, but that is not enough to kill her before she starts her counterattack.
This ends Aronus's quests. Pick up Cenarius' and Shadowsong's quests to keep the storyline progressing.
- / /
- Complete all of:
- Mylva's quests:
- Devoran's quests:
- Ortell's quests:
- Complete all of:
- Jarod's quests
- Aronus' quests
- Cenarius' quests
- Hotfix (2013-08-26): Desperiona should no longer get stuck while approaching the player, allowing the quest to be completed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.