Deathcharger's Reins summon Rivendare's Deathcharger, a skeletal warhorse mount. This item drops from Lord Aurius Rivendare in the Stratholme Service Entrance wing of Stratholme. It can also appear on the Black Market Auction House, listed by Mei Francis for an opening bid of 20,000.
In Classic, it drops from Baron Rivendare in Stratholme.
When Baron Rivendare became a champion of the Scourge, he condemned his favorite horse to join him in undeath.
After Baron Rivendare's defeat in Naxxramas, Deathcharger's saddle was returned to Stratholme. The Deathlord of the Knights of the Ebon Blade sent champions on behalf of Salanar the Horseman to retrieve it, in order to create new steeds for the order's Four Horsemen. The ghost Vivian's Lament was the major obstacle to this goal.
In the RPG
Deathcharger is the name of Baron Rivendare's skeletal horse. The undead steed is his most prized possession.
Obtaining this mount awards the Feat of Strength .
Notes and trivia
- This is one of only three skeletal horse mounts available to members of the Alliance, alongside and the . It's the only one available to Alliance in Classic.
- The mount's model is a Skeletal Black Warhorse. The unreleased Naxxramas Deathcharger and both used the same appearance.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now drops from Lord Aurius Rivendare, who has taken Baron Rivendare's place in Stratholme.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Drop rate increased from 0.02% to 1%.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Deathcharger's Reins can now be used by Tauren.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms, pg. 85
- ^ Monster Guide, pg. 157, 182