Deeper Into the Darkness
|Level||120 (Requires 120)|
|Category||Black Empire Campaign|
|Reputation||+250 Champions of Azeroth|
Speak with MOTHER to return to the Halls of Origination in Uldum to discover the source behind the anomaly.
- Speak with MOTHER to return to the Halls of Origination
- Anomalous source located
- Ysedra the Darkener slain
This recent change of events allows us to continue our journey to discover what darkness lies beyond the sands.
It will not be easy, <name>. We stand on the precipice of the unknown, but now the tables have turned.
<Wrathion's glances at your new attire.>
You do dress the part.
Let's see what insights your return to the Halls of Origination bring to light.
You will receive:
I await your return.
Speak with MOTHER:
- Teleportation systems online.
- Connection verified.
Return me to the Halls of Origination.
Stage 1: Into the Vision
- Re-enter the Vision of N'Zoth.
- Re-enter the Vision of the Halls of Origination.
From the teleporter that Magni activated, run back to the Vision of the Halls of Origination and interact with it.
Stage 2: Descent Into Madness
- Destroy the barrier preventing access to the lower hallway.
- Breach the Lower Hallway
- Wrathion says: The cloak will protect you from the brunt of N'Zoth's power, but it cannot hold him at bay indefinitely. Do not tarry.
Don't waste any time. Avoid the elite. Keep moving west, down the stairs to the Descent Into Madness. Interact with it to break the barrier.
Stage 3: Dark Manifestations
- Defeat the manifestation in The Maker's Rise.
- Terror Tendril slain
- You are now [Bloodthirsty]! - Periodically strike those nearby for 26,668, healing you for 1% of your health per strike.
- Wrathion says: The deeper you delve into N'Zoth's vision, the stronger his influence becomes.
- Wrathion says: Even with the cloak, your sanity will erode more quickly and your senses will begin to betray you.
Nearing the Terror Tendril:
- Wrathion says: Beware the creature ahead of you. Its attacks afflict not only your physical form, but your mind as well.
Stay out of the frontal cone to avoid extra Sanity damage. Defeat it to continue.
Stage 4: Final Ascent
- Use the lift in The Maker's Rise to locate the anomaly.
- Locate the anomaly
- Wrathion says: This vision must center around the Forge. Perhaps repairing it will end the nightmare. Head for the control chamber.
Interact with the Lift Controls and head to the third floor.
Final Stage: Restoring Power
- Defeat the anomaly at the Forge of Origination.
- Ysedra the Darkener slain
- Wrathion says: <Name>, look at the console. N'Zoth never meant to destroy the Forge... he seeks to corrupt it.
- Ysedra the Darkener says: You are too late!
- Ysedra the Darkener says: The Forge... belongs... to the master...
- Wrathion says: MOTHER, see if you can bring our champion back to the chamber. We have much to discuss.
- MOTHER says: Teleportation device activated.
Run to the teleport device to get out of the vision.
After returning to the Chamber of Heart:
- Ra-den says: MOTHER, you reconfigured th Engine of Nalak'sha to power the Forge of Origination?
- MOTHER says: Affirmative.
- Ra-den says: Incredible! The level of expertise that would require... You are most impressive.
- MOTHER says: Initiating commendation reception protocol: Thank you.
- Ra-den says: I would... appreciate... the opportunity to converse with you further on the matter.
- MOTHER says: Scheduling conversation for next available cycle. Please stand by.
- Ra-den says: Oh. Yes. Of course.
Running out of sanity or dying at any point will port you back to the start, outside of the vision
- Wrathion says: Your mind is vulnerable when opened to N'Zoth. You must not give in to madness. Persistence is key.
- Faction intro:
- Unlocks if players have not already acquired a corrupted item
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added.