The Defense of Orgrimmar was a special, multi-stage 25-man raid encounter designed for the BlizzCon 2010 Live Raid, performed by the guild Paragon. Greg Street, Alex Afrasiabi, Cory Stockton, Scott Mercer, and Rob Simpson provided live commentary and real-time tweaks to the encounter as the Live Raid progressed.
During the encounter, Paragon was charged with defending the gates of Orgrimmar from an assault led by Nefarian and Cho'gall. The assault was comprised of 16 different bosses from past and future instances and raids, grouped together in waves of four. The bosses were tuned to function as level 80 raid bosses, but retained all of their signature abilities.
- The first wave of bosses consisted of Magmadar, Baron Geddon, Shazzrah, and Gehennas from Molten Core.
- The second wave of bosses consisted of The Beast, General Drakkisath, Broodlord Lashlayer and Chromaggus from Upper Blackrock Spire and Blackwing Lair.
- The third wave introduced new bosses from World of Warcraft: Cataclysm: Rom'ogg Bonecrusher, Ozruk, Forgemaster Throngus, and Commander Ulthok from Blackrock Caverns, the Stonecore, Grim Batol, and the Throne of the Tides.
- In the fourth wave, Firemaw and Rend Blackhand (riding Gyth) from Blackwing Lair and Upper Blackrock Spire attacked. Vaelastrasz the Corrupt and Theralion from Blackwing Lair and the Bastion of Twilight flew overhead. Defeating Firemaw and Rend caused the other two bosses to land and engage the guild.
- Upon defeating the fourth wave, Deathwing arrived, easily defeating the guild and setting fire to Orgrimmar while announcing that, "the Hour of Twilight falls."