Defensive Stance is a level 60 Arms warrior talent. Once active it reduces damage taken by 20% and damage dealt by 10%.
Previously, Defensive Stance was granted to the warrior via one of a number of equivalent warrior class quests as listed below. With the changes in Patch 4.0.1, these quests no longer need to be completed, and they were removed in patch 4.0.3a.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Changed to an Arms talent and redesigned. Now reduces damage taken by 20% and damage dealt by 10% while active.
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): Pants and weapons are no longer changing appearances after entering Defensive Stance.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now reduces damage taken by 20% (down from 25%).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now has a 1.5-second cooldown (down from 3 seconds).
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now decreases damage taken by 25%, up from 15%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now reduces damage by 15% (was 25%).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Damage reduction increased from 10% to 25%. Now also generates 1 Rage per 3 sec while in combat.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Threat generated has been increased to 500% damage done, up from 300%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now increases threat by 200% and damage taken by 10%. Available at level 10 for 6 46.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now reduces damage caused by 5%. (Was 10%.)
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now increases threat by 45%.
- Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17): Defensive Stance has been improved to hold aggro more effectively.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Now reduces damage taken and damage caused instead of increasing Defense skill.