||The subject of this article was removed in patch 5.0.4 but remains in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- This does not exist on the retail realms anymore.
- The categories should reflect this, and should not include retail realm categories.
- Demon Armor
- Level 8 warlock ability
- Protects the caster, increasing armor by X, and increasing the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 20%.
Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Warlock at any time.
Demon Armor is a Shadow based warlock spell that increases the warlock's armor and health generated through spells.
Tips and tactics
- For warlocks from 8-62, this spell should always be maintained. Its long duration means you don't need to recast it very often, and it's usefulness is not to be underestimated.
After gaining [Fel Armor] at level 62, Demon Armor is oft forgotten. However it still has its uses:
- The Healing bonus applies to bandages and Healthstones as well, so turning it on after a resurrection of any variety is both useful & efficient.
- The added armor and health regen is useful in Multi-mob drain tanking of higher levels, a PvE grinding technique for Affliction Warlocks.
- It is useful in PvP, especially for affliction locks due to its quality of enhancing both [Haunt] and [Drain Life], in addition to the glorious armor bonus.
- It can also be used for lock tanking, which is useful e.g. against the Blood Prince Council in Icecrown Citadel as it increases healing received by 20% and more if it is specced with [Demonic Aegis].
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed. Armor and self-healing bonuses merged into [Fel Armor].
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): No longer costs mana. Duration now lasts until cancelled, up from 30 minutes.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now learned at level 8, down from 20.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Armor granted increased by approximately 120%.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): No longer grants health regeneration or shadow resistance (HP5 merged into [Fel Armor]). Now increases all self-healing received by 20%. Tooltips updated.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): No longer considered a magic effect and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-13): The armor increase will now stack together with Scrolls of Protection.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Now increases health regeneration at all times, as was always intended. Previously, the health regeneration only occurred out of combat. Tooltip updated.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Shadow resistance bonus increased.