|Race||Night elf (Undead)|
|Class||Aristocrat, Warrior (presumed)|
|Affiliation(s)||Kaldorei Empire, Kaldorei Resistance|
|Occupation||Supreme Commander of the Kaldorei Resistance, formerly second-in-command to Lord Kur'talos Ravencrest|
Desdel Stareye was a conservative Kaldorei commander who assumed command of the Kaldorei Resistance upon the death of Lord Kur'talos Ravencrest. Stareye was bitterly xenophobic and refused to use the tauren, furbolg, and earthen forces to their abilities. Stareye was so despotic that he refused the counsel of Rhonin and Krasus on the grounds that they were not night elves. Stareye was a frequent user of snuff. When Stareye was killed by the Burning Legion during a disastrous tactic on the front lines, his loss was not mourned. Jarod Shadowsong assumed command and was so successful in erasing Stareye's mistakes that he can be credited for improved night elf relations with the other races.
Lord Desdel Stareye was a noble who served as second-in-command to Lord Kur'talos Ravencrest, the initial commander of the night elf army that fought the first invasion of the Burning Legion. Secure in his aristocratic lineage, Desdel was proud of his high rank and, in the absence of armed conflict, had formed a high opinion of his combat abilities by the time the War of the Ancients began.
When Kur'talos was assassinated by an agent of the queen, Desdel quickly assumed command of the army. To his shock, the invading demons proved far more difficult foes than he had anticipated. Desdel began to get the impression that the army he commanded had no faith in his tactics. Abandoning his polite attempts at diplomacy, Desdel did his best to make it clear that he expected both respect and obedience. When the forces of the Legion began to retreat, Desdel triumphantly ordered the night elves to give chase. He was sure that his strategies had the Legion on the run. Instead, the demons unleashed a deadly trap, attacking the unsuspecting night elves from the air. Desdel watched helplessly as the demons began pouring containers of boiling red liquid over the night elf army. In seconds, hundreds of troops were injured, some mortally. Captain Jarod Shadowsong rode to Desdel and asked for orders, but the panicked noble had none to give. Jarod caught sight of another group of demons hovering over Desdel, and so Jarod tried to pull Desdel out of the way. Infuriated at the upstart captain's lack of respect for superior rank and bloodline, Desdel ordered Jarod away on pain of imprisonment.
It was the last mistake Desdel would make. Jarod yanked his mount aside just in time to avoid an agonizing death. The demons turned over their container, and boiling liquid poured down on Desdel and his nearby companions. Desdel was burned to death in moments, his face maimed beyond recognition. Not long after Desdel's death, Jarod became the new head of the night elf army.
The forces of Black Rook Hold were revived by Gul'dan to protect secrets within the tower, Desdel included. They could not see the living for what they truly were and believed them to be demons. Stareye was put in charge of the hold's prisons and tortured Maiev Shadowsong for weeks in the Darkpens area of Ravencourt at Black Rook Hold in Val'sharah before she was freed by Jarod and an adventurer. Together, Maiev and Jarod gave Desdel a second death.
- Basic melee
- Infuse Death 40 yd range — Channels shadow energy into the target, stunning him for 3 sec. At the end of the channel the target explodes, inflicting Shadow damage and knocking back nearby allies. 10 sec cooldown. Interruptible.
- Spectral Smite Melee range 1 sec cast. Knocks the target back and stuns them for 2 sec.
- Spectral Storm 8 yd range — Instantly attack all nearby targets for Arcane damage every 1 sec for the next 6 sec. 7 sec cooldown. Interruptible.
- Lieutenant Desdel Stareye says: Lord Ravencrest's army will purge this land of all you invaders.
- Commander Jarod Shadowsong says: You always did think too highly of yourself. Another foolish death, then, if you insist.
- Lieutenant Desdel Stareye says: How dare you attack a kaldorei noble? You will beg for mercy, which I will not give.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Begging's never been one of my talents, Stareye. You should know that by now.
- Lieutenant Desdel Stareye says: Lord Ravencrest himself gave me this post. I won't surrender it to you demons!
- Commander Jarod Shadowsong says: Ravencrest? Impossible! And we're not demons. Don't you recognize me?
- Maiev Shadowsong says: It's useless, brother. Like the other undead, he cannot see us for who we are.
- Lord Ravencrest cannot be stopped. We will prevail!
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.
Leader of the Kaldorei Resistance
Kur'talos Ravencrest (unofficial)
Ruler of the Kaldorei (unofficial)
Jarod Shadowsong (unofficial)