|Location||Candle Rock, Highmountain|
- Main article: Kipp Brightwick#Quotes
Despite being a mere vignette, legends have it that the Devouring Darkness is what kobold candles are supposed to protect against...
- Amplified — Health increased by 150%.Damage done increased by 40%.
- Dark Calling — Inflicts Shadow damage and pulls all enemies within 0 to 30 yards to the caster.
- Demonic Rift — Conjures a demonic portal for 18 sec. Every 3 sec., the portal casts Call Demon to create a Shadowflame Imp.
- Demonic Strikes — Infuses the caster with demonic power, increasing attack speed by 25% and causing attacks to inflict bonus Shadow damage and spawn Shadowflame Imps.
- Enhanced — Health increased by 50%. Damage done increased by 25%.
- Erupting Shadow — Creates a line of Erupting Shadows in a frontal direction, inflicting Shadow damage to any targets caught in their wake.
- Imbued — Health increased by 75%. Damage done increased by 30%.
- Looming Shadows — Inflicts Shadow damage to any enemies within an area every 1 sec.
- Shadow Bolt — Inflicts Shadow damage to an enemy.
To check whether this chest has been looted, copy and paste this command into the chat window:
If a "true" appears in the chat window, this chest has been looted; "false" indicates the opposite.
- An entity called The Darkness appears in the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion for Hearthstone. Due to its connection to snuffing out candles, The Darkness may be intended to be the same creature as the Devouring Darkness.
- Uul'gyneth, who has the title of The Darkness, has the same role to the Highmountain tauren that the Devouring Darkness has to the Bluewax kobolds. They may or may not be related.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.