Tips and Tactics
- Disarm is typically used to the greatest effect against melee classes, or hunters. Disarm is of little use against casters since they almost never use their weapons.
- Using this against a warrior or a rogue will be very useful, since most of their abilities require a melee weapon.
- Disarm is very effective against hunters, as many of their abilities require a ranged weapon. It also prevents them from using abilities such as and to kite you. They will still be able to set traps however, so it is still a good idea to use on the initial .
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Duration increased to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Converted from a rank 19 (Arms and Fury)/rank 22 (Protection) honor talent to a PvP talent.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Duration reduced to 4 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Duration reduced to 6 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Re-added as an honor talent.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): The durations of all disarm effects have been reduced to 8 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Rage cost removed, can now be used in any stance.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This ability now disarms ranged weapons as well.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Rage cost reduced to 15.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Is now subject to diminishing returns in PvP.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Will only work on targets that are carrying weapons. Changed to an instant ability.