- Ariden's Camp investigated
This place is where the merchant, Ariden, set up camp while he was trying to ply his dubious wares to the sorcerer Medivh. It has remained strangely untouched for all this time, which leads me to believe it may still have a connection to its former owner.
Help me search the camp. Let's see if we can find something to lead us to the Dark Riders.
You will receive:
- 15 40
- 15,050 XP (at level 100)
Otherwise an ordinary looking journal, this book hums with dark energy as you approach it.
A quick scan of the writing reveals this as the journal of Ariden, and chronicles his time in Deadwind Pass. Toward the end of the journal, the writing begins to change, and the tone becomes noticeably darker. It constantly refers to "the curse" and of the endless desire to possess things of great power.
One such entry catches your eye as you glance through.
The Battered Journal is required to continue. You can interact with any of the other items (Relic Box, Compass, Fine Boots, Fur Blanket) but they are not needed to progress. Three Wrathful Memory spawn when you interact with it:
- Ariden yells: Fool! You will suffer for your trespass!
Once they are all dead:
- Ariden yells: Turn away now, interloper! The horrors of the past will be your undoing!
- Revil Kost says: I think that means we're on the right track. See what you can find in that journal.
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Complete both:
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.