|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
|Talent tree||Protection, Tier 5|
Divine Guardian is an active Paladin talent in the Protection tree. You will need to spend 20 points in Protection to reach it. It helps the Paladin to protect nearby players from damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Cooldown is now 3 minutes, up from 2. Also reduced to a 30yd effective range.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Redesigned. Has become an active spell, previously being passive. Replaces (previously a requirement for Divine Guardian) as an active spell for reducing damage upon party and raid members. As a result, now has 1 rank, down from 2. No longer affects due to its removal from the game, nor affects the caster anymore. The talent has also been moved from Tier 4 (Divine Sacrifice previously being on Tier 3) to Tier 5.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This talent no longer increases the amount of damage transferred to the paladin from Divine Sacrifice. Instead it causes all raid and party members to take 10/20% reduced damage while Divine Sacrifice is active.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now increases the effectiveness of Divine Sacrifice by an additional 5/10%, and increases the duration of Sacred Shield by 50/100% and the amount absorbed by 10/20%.