Divine Protection is a level 26 Holy and Protection paladin spell that reduces all damage taken by the paladin by 20% for 8 seconds. This ability is a precursor to , which prevents any damage taken by the Paladin.
- Not affected by the global cooldown.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Retribution. Now reduces all damage taken by 20%, instead of 40% of magic damage.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now lasts 8 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- Hotfix (2013-05-24): Divine Protection should now be usable while stunned.
- Hotfix (2013-05-21): Divine Protection should now be usable while stunned.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now usable while stunned.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer reduced physical damage taken. Magical damage reduction increased from 20% to 40%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): , and Divine Protection have new icons.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Divine Protection can no longer be dispelled.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Divine Protection has had its cooldown reduced to 1 minute, mitigation reduced to 20%, and no longer causes Forbearance.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The 100% attack speed penalty has been removed.
- Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17): Moved to level 6.
- Patch 0.8 (2004-07-07): Divine Favor renamed to Divine Protection.