Doctor Theolen Krastinov (Classic)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- For information about the modern encounter, see Doctor Theolen Krastinov.
42 (Cata) Elite
|Location||Hall of the Damned, Scholomance|
Doctor Theolen Krastinov, also known as "The Butcher", is a level 42 elite human in the Scholomance. Krastinov is the servant of Kirtonos the Herald, and main torturer and provider of bodies and bodily parts for the Scholomance's necromancy experiments.
His first victims were recruited from among the household of Caer Darrow. Among them were servants of the Barov family, Eva and Lucien Sarkhoff. Trapped, tortured and maimed for months, they vowed vengeance on Krastinov even beyond the grave.
Eva Sarkhoff describes Doctor Krastinov's tortures:
- "The undead surrounded us, constantly tormenting us with horrifying acts of depravity. Finally, he came. He introduced himself as Doctor Theolen Krastinov. We came to know him as the butcher...We finally understood what the screams were from. The Butcher exposed us to pain that we did not know existed. He used us in countless experiments to devise a plague. The days turned to weeks. We would have died on that first day had it not been for that cruel bastard keeping us alive through magical means....We feel nothing. Our souls remain here, in limbo. We are unable to leave until our remains are found and spirits laid to rest."
- Backhand - Backhands an enemy, stunning it for 2 sec.
- Frenzy - Increases the caster's attack speed by 60% for 2 min.
- Rend - Inflicts Physical damage to an enemy every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
Krastinov is not a necromancer in the strict sense of the word. In combat, he uses strictly melee attacks, a simple rend bleed and a backhand (~1-2sec knockdown stun) though he will enter a heavy enrage (+117 damage +60% speed) towards the end of battle. His charge attacks are particularly nasty, as they can be aimed at anybody, regardless of his current threat list.
- The doctor is in!
Theolen Krastinov has a chance to drop one of the following items. It is not guaranteed, however, that he will drop anything at all.
- It is possible that the inspiration for Krastinov's character may be Josef Mengele, head physician of the Auschwitz death camp, who used his position to carry out unspeakable acts of torture on certain inmates in the name of science, earning him the nickname 'The Angel of Death'.
- His quote "The doctor is in!" may be a reference to Hellraiser's Dr Channard Cenobite.
- Though he is marked as hostile, Theolen Krastinov does not have an aggro range, and it is possible to stand right on top of him without him attacking.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 60 to 42.
- Patch 1.2.2 (2005-02-15): Players who have completed the quest to summon Kirtonos may now obtain the Blood of Innocents from Doctor Theolen Krastinov.