|Race(s)||Human, Sha (Humanoid)|
|Former affiliation(s)||Kurzen's Expedition|
|Status||Deceased (Lore) / Killable (WoW)|
World of Warcraft
He and his men were once under the command of Colonel Kurzen on an expedition into Stranglethorn Vale until the Colonel and his closest followers descended into madness. Doren and a few others rebelled and set up a small camp further to the north, where they aimed to find out what caused Kurzen's madness and to stop him.
As the highest ranking officer of the camp, he was eager to learn who discovered the true allegiance of Private Thorsen when he was infiltrating Kurzen's Compound and believed that Bookie Herod might have had a hand in it.
After the Cataclysm, though Kurzen is dead, Doren tasks adventurers with finding out what caused Kurzen's death, to kill his second-in-commands and to rescue men and women that have been captured at Kurzen's Compound.
With the help of Alliance adventurers, Doren successfully repelled a Zandalari troll attack during the war against the Zandalari.
Mists of Pandaria
Doren was promoted to Captain. He is the leader of Thunder Hold and Strongarm Airstrip. According to his logs, his negative emotions have been magnified by the sha. Ironically, he recognized that he was somehow following a similar spiral into darkness that Kurzen had. After the Horde assault Thunder Hold and Strongarm Airstrip, he is slain in the Den of Defiance by Horde adventurers in the quest , but not before he was transformed into the sha.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Rebel Camp
- Charge — Charges an enemy, inflicting damage and stunning the opponent for 2 sec.
- Backhand — Backhands an enemy, stunning it for 2 sec.
- Shoot — Shoots at an enemy, inflicting Physical damage.
- Den of Defiance
- Bladestorm — Instantly Whirlwind all nearby targets and for the next 6 sec you will perform a whirlwind attack every 1 sec. While under the effects of Bladestorm, you can move but cannot perform any other abilities.
- Bladestorm — Attacks in a whirl of steel, causing 100% weapon damage to each enemy within melee range.
- Crushing Doubt — Deals 16 Shadow damage to enemies in a narrow cone in front of the caster.
- Hack — The caster slashes quickly with their axe, inflicting 200% weapon damage as Physical damage to the first enemy within 7 yards in front of them.
- Leap into the Fray — The caster leaps through the air, inflicting 200% weapon damage as Physical damage to all enemies within 5 yards of the point of impact.
- Rejection — The caster hurls raw energies of doubt at the victim, inflicting 222 Shadow damage.
- Slash — The caster swings their sword, inflicting 300% weapon damage as Physical damage to all enemies within 8 yards.
- Thrust — The caster thrusts their sword forward, inflicting 150% weapon damage as Physical damage to the first enemy within 8 yards in front of them.
- Stranglethorn Vale
- Jade Forest
Greetings, <class>. If you're a friend of Colonel Kurzen then I'll have you cut down where you stand! but[sic] if you've come to aid us, then lend an ear...
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Seen on Pandaria.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Seen during Rise of the Zandalari.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.
- Doren's Gyrocopter