|This article concerns content exclusive to Dragonflight and is subject to change at any time as development progresses.
This article should only contain officially released content, such as beta and press release content. See Wowpedia's policy on posting unreleased content.
- This article is about the playable race. For the dracthyr lore, see Dracthyr.
|Starting zone||Forbidden Reach, Dragon Isles|
The dracthyr are one of the playable races in World of Warcraft, introduced in Dragonflight. They are available to both the Alliance and the Horde, the second race in World of Warcraft to have this option after the pandaren. The dracthyr choose their faction at character creation. They are unique in that they can only select the new Evoker class.
Dracthyr start out at level 58, and have their own starting zone, the Forbidden Reach. Dracthyr can alternate between a humanoid and draconic form. Both forms can be customized. The aesthetic is not tied to the magic the dracthyr uses. The form can be alternated even while in combat.
Dracthyr are able to fly to a limited extent. This is similar to dragonriding, but not as advanced—they are able to jump off and dive, for instance, but there is no upgrade system for dracthyr themselves. Dracthyr can later gain access to dragonriding-proper, riding dragons in their visage forms.
- Wing Buffet (racial), a cone knockback
- Tail Swipe (racial), an AoE knock up
- Ability to change their visage form free at the barbershop.
- Similar to the worgen, the dracthyr are going to be in dracthyr form when in combat. The armor that a dracthyr wears is a type of armor that will be able to be customizable at the barbershop. So dracthyr should be able to wear shoulders, tabards, and belts across their visage and dracthyr form. All armor pieces will be visible on the visage form.
- The dracthyr were conceived before the evoker class.
- Dragonflight is required to play the Dracthyr Evoker, and players are limited to one dracthyr per realm as they are only available as a hero class. A player's first dracthyr can be created without additional restrictions, but creating another dracthyr character will require a pre-existing level 50 character on their realm of choice.
Playable dracthyr in Forbidden Reach.
- ^ 2022-04-19, WoW gets a new race and class with the Dracthyr Evoker in Dragonflight expansion. Blizzard Watch, retrieved on 2022-04-20
- ^ 2022-04-20, You Can Finally Play as a Dragon (Kind of) in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight. IGN, retrieved on 2022-04-20
- ^ a b c 2022-04-20, WORLD OF WARCRAFT: DRAGONFLIGHT INTERVIEW WITH JACKIE WILEY AND TINA WANG. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2022-04-22
- ^ a b WoW Developer Interview with Brian Holinka (YouTube)
- ^ 2022-04-20, World of Warcraft Developers Break Down the New Dragonflight Expansion. IGN, retrieved on 2022-04-24