Dragonkin are all creatures descended from and including dragons, from drakes to drakonid. Nearly all dragonkin belong to one of the main or lesser dragonflights.
It seems that the term dragonkin can also refer to a category that includes specifically dragonspawn and drakonid. See dragonspawn speculation.
Tyri at the Celestial Ridge also calls the alien nether dragons there "dragonkin" instead of true dragons.
- Reptilian and almost always have a tail.
- Scaly skin that is usually skinnable.
- Dragon scales often have magical properties and are highly valuable to craftsmen.
- Have sharp claws.
- Semi-intelligent to very intelligent.
- Some can fly and usually have bat-like wings in that case.
- Some have a breath-weapon.
- Some have special abilities or powers and can cast spells.
- Most are susceptible to the druid's [Hibernate] ability.