|This article's name is unofficial.|
|Faction/Affiliation||Nefarian (Old Gods' forces), Iron Horde|
|Character classes||Alchemist, Mage|
|Racial capital||Blackwing Descent (presumed)|
|Racial leader(s)||Nefarian †|
A dragonman is a type of dragonkin. Maloriak was a human kidnapped by Nefarian and fused with the corpse of a dragonspawn. The result was a bumbling minion who possessed only a dull of his former intelligence. Failed fusions are called aberrations and can be found in the Fleshrender's Workshop. Several of them appear as enemies in Island Expeditions, accompanying the black dragonflight.
- The name dragonman comes from their model file names.
- At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment that something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race. It may have been these dragonmen.
- The Art of World of Warcraft contains concept art for creatures called dragonmen, without horns. They may have inspired the Cataclysm dragonmen.
- Dragonmen use the playable worgen skeleton.
- The dragonmen aberrations use the plague eruptor skeleton. They are known as dragonman hulk in the game files.
It appears that the fusion process was a failed experiment by Nefarian to create loyal minions with their original intellect. It might also have been an attempt by Nefarian to recreate the dracthyr.