- "Druid of the Flame" redirects here. For the Firelands mob, see Druid of the Flame (mob).
A druid of the flame
|Formerly||Archdruid Fandral Staghelm †|
|Base of operations||Ragnaros' Reach, Wildflame Point|
|Theater of operations||Firelands, Molten Front, Mount Hyjal|
|Affiliation||Ragnaros, Twilight's Hammer (Old Gods' forces)|
The Druids of the Flame are a sect of druids loyal to Ragnaros the Firelord, led by his new majordomo Fandral Staghelm. These vile creatures have turned their backs on Elune's teachings and now worship the Fire Lord, Ragnaros. Twisted by his insane power, they desire nothing more than to bury everything in ash. They operate mainly in the Firelands and can be distinguished from other night elves by their scarred red skin and burning orange eyes. Thrall refers to them as members of the Twilight's Hammer, and Fandral claims to answer to the Twilight Prophet.
With Ragnaros and a great deal of the Druids of Flame slain (among them its leadership) it is unknown what the current status of the group is, or if it even still exists at all.
Abilities and equipment
To the untrained eye, a flame druid's staff would be indistinguishable from any druid's staff. Their idols signify their tie to the element of fire, and they carry spellbooks which detail their strange spells.
Flame druids mostly use fire-oriented spells. Much like normal druids, they are capable of shapeshifting into animal forms, but their forms are always fiery versions of the animal in question.
|Fandral Staghelm||Archdruid of the Flame||Deceased-Killable||Various|
|Leyara||Lieutenant of Fandral||Deceased-Killable||Various|
|Devout Harbinger||Lieutenant of Flame||Killable||Ragnaros' Reach, Molten Front|
|Prophet of the Flame||Prophet who appears in the Molten Front||Alive||Ashen Fields, Molten Front|
- Blazing Talon Clawshaper
- Blazing Talon Initiate
- Devout Flamecaller
- Druid of the Flame
- Harbinger of Flame
- Herald of the Burning End
- Scarred Acolyte <Druid of the Flame>
Notes and trivia
- They were considered heretics by the Shadow Wardens present in the Firelands. Some of them were captured at the Forlorn Spire to be questioned and then eliminated.
- Players may change into a Druid of the Flame with .
- Druid players can harness the essence of fire granted to the Druids of the Flame, thus making their appear as a flame druid's fire cat form, by using , or by equipping .
- Ebon Knight Frostreavers can have the same skin texture as the Druids of the Flame.
- The Druid of the Flame is a common druid minion in the Blackrock Mountain adventure for Hearthstone. When played, it can shapeshift into either a fire cat with aggressive stats or a fire hawk with defensive stats. When its effects are combined, it transforms into a fire version of a wyvern with combined stats instead.
- In Heroes of the Storm, Malfurion has a skin called "Druid of the Flame Malfurion", depicting an alternate reality in which it was he and not Fandral who became the Majordomo of the Firelands. This version of the character also appears as an alternate druid hero in Hearthstone, rewarded from the 2021 Fire Festival event.
Since Leyara was inducted into the organization due to being highly disillusioned with Malfurion's passive stance in regards to the Horde, it is possible that other members of the Druids of the Flame joined for similar reasons. It is also possible the Druids of the Flame are holdout loyalists of Fandral Staghelm after the events of Stormrage, and that their emergence is an escalation of the schism that existed between Tyrande and Fandral during Malfurion's absence.
A Druid of the Flame in fire cat form.