The Eastern Earthshrine is a ritual circle erected by the Earthen Ring for use by the Alliance. It is located in the city of Stormwind, in the middle of a lake northwest of Stormwind Keep. Its Horde counterpart is the Western Earthshrine in Orgrimmar.
A small pandaren shrine was added along the shore of the lake near the Eastern Earthshrine. This is the location of the dragon turtle vendor for the Tushui Pandaren. There was previously a portal to Paw'don Village in Pandaria's Jade Forest located in its vicinity, provided after completing the opening questline. However, most of Stormwind's portals to non-Cataclysm regions have been grouped together and moved to the Wizard's Sanctum.
The Earthshrine has portals to Tol Barad and to all of the new zones in Cataclysm. At first, only the portal to Tol Barad is active (although it is restricted to level 85), and the others must be unlocked by completing the initial introductory quest for each area.
- The Mount Hyjal portal is opened by completing As Hyjal Burns, and leads to Nordrassil. There is a return portal directly to the north of the entrance of the Nordrassil Inn where you arrive at.
- The Vashj'ir portal is opened by completing Call of Duty, and initially opens into The Briny Cutter in Kelp'thar Forest. At some point in the main Vashj'ir quest chain, likely after completing (confirmation needed), the portal's destination changes, leading into Silver Tide Hollow in the Shimmering Expanse. Later it is once again redirected to Darkbreak Cove in the Abyssal Depths. There is no return portal.
- The Deepholm portal is opened by completing Deepholm, and leads to the Temple of Earth. The Temple of Earth has a portal leading back to the Eastern Earthshrine.
- The Uldum portal is open after completing Escape From the Lost City (it may be opened earlier in the quest chain, testing is needed) and leads into Ramkahen. There is no return portal.
- The Twilight Highlands portal is open after completing Any Portal in a Storm (it may be opened earlier in the quest chain, testing is needed) and leads to Highbank. Completing Any Portal in a Storm opens up a portal back to the Eastern Earthshrine.
- The Tol Barad portal is always open, but can only be used after reaching level 85. It leads to Baradin Base Camp, which has a portal back to the Eastern Earthshrine.
- Quest givers
- Baradin Guard
- Kaellin Tarvane <Tol Barad Battle-Mage>
- Dylan Aguilar
- Kiatke (available only during Timewalking for Cataclysm to complete and sell special items)