|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
The Eclipse Bar is a part of the User Interface visible for druids specializing in Balance. It shows the progress the druid has made towards reaching , as well as the type of energy the Druid is currently able to gain.
The bar extends 100 units in both directions; when the pointer reaches the left edge, Lunar Eclipse is triggered, while reaching the right edge triggers Solar Eclipse.
Eclipse Bar Mechanics
- The Eclipse Bar is affected by three nukes: (solar energy), (lunar energy) and (either solar or lunar energy). In addition, the Eclipse Bar is affected by .
- If the Eclipse Bar direction is "locked" in a particular direction, the pointer can only move in that direction. This in indicated by an arrow pointing either left or right. When the direction is "unlocked", the arrow points both left and right and the pointer can be moved in either direction.
- always moves the pointer to the right. moves it to the left. These two spells can only move the pointer if it's movable in the appropriate direction (left for and right for ). always moves the pointer in whichever direction it's already moving.
- generates 25 energy per second for 4 seconds. Like , it always generates the type of energy that's most beneficial.
- No lunar or solar energy can be generated while is active. Neither , , nor can move the pointer for its duration.
- and generate 20 energy and generates 15 energy while in an Eclipse state. doubles the energy generation of these spells while out of an Eclipse state causing and to generate 40 energy and to generates 30 energy while out of an Eclipse state.
- If a Druid dies, logs into the game or moves in or out of an instance, all solar and lunar energy is rest to 0 (the center of the bar), and the pointer direction is "unlocked" and it can be moved in either direction, depending which spell is cast first. At this stage, or will move the pointer right (towards a solar eclipse). The only way to reach a Lunar Eclipse first is to cast before , or .
- If glyphs or talents are changed, the pointer can be moved in either direction, but does not get reset to the center of the Eclipse Bar.
- Using resets the pointer to the center of the Eclipse Bar, consuming all solar or lunar energy, but does not change the direction of the pointer's movement.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Redesigned. Balance Energy is no longer generated through spells, talents, or other effects. Instead, the bar now cycles automatically between Lunar and Solar sides with a 40 second cycle time (from Lunar to Solar and back to Lunar).
- Patch 4.0.1a (2010-10-26): The dot is replaced by a pointer. The pointer indicates where it will go to, after the next cast.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): The Eclipse Bar has been added as a UI part. The Eclipse mechanics have been existing longer in the game.