|The subject of this article was removed in patch 4.0.3a but remains in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- For the lore of the zone and its status after the Cataclysm, see Elwynn Forest.
|Level: 1 - 10|
Northshire Abbey |
Eastvale Logging Camp
Westbrook Garrison |
Tower of Azora
|Affiliation||Kingdom of Stormwind, Brotherhood of Northshire, Riverpaw pack, Defias Brotherhood|
|PvP status||Alliance territory|
Elwynn Forest is the starting zone for playable humans.
Northshire was the pride of Stormwind's vineyards until recently when Defias bandits drove off the farmers and occupied the farm and fields. In addition, the Echo Ridge Mine north of the abbey has been infested by kobolds.
Kobolds infested the Jasperlode Mine and Fargodeep Mine. Gnolls have erected camps in the Forest's Edge region and the northern rim of Stone Cairn Lake. It is rumored that both the kobolds and gnolls are somehow associated with the Defias Brotherhood. Murlocs have taken up residence in and around Stone Cairn Lake and Crystal Lake. Defias presence in the region has been growing and their people have holdings at Mirror Lake Orchard, Northshire Vineyards, the Brackwell Pumpkin Patch, Jerod's Landing and Stone Cairn Lake.
Maps and subregions
- Ironforge, Dun Morogh
- Sentinel Hill, Westfall
- Lakeshire, Redridge Mountains
- Darkshire, Duskwood
- Rebel Camp, Stranglethorn Vale
- Booty Bay, Stranglethorn Vale
- Thorium Point, Searing Gorge
- Morgan's Vigil, Burning Steppes
- Nethergarde Keep, Blasted Lands
- Southshore, Hillsbrad Foothills
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Westfall||10-20||Southwest||By west bridge, swimming west across the Nazferiti river, or flight path from Stormwind.|
|Redridge Mountains||15-25||East||By foot or by flight path from Stormwind.|
|Duskwood||20-30||South||By east bridge, swimming south across the Nazferiti river, or flight path from Stormwind.|
- Main article: Elwynn Forest NPCs
Elwynn Forest is home to several humans of high status. From the Northshire Abbey Marshal McBride recruits promising young humans into the Army. In Goldshire, Marshal Dughan leads the effort to reclaim Elwynn from the kobolds and other vile threats, and from his post near Eastvale Logging Camp, Guard Thomas seeks to eradicate the foothold the murlocs have established in the forest. Deputy Rainer is currently the leader of the Westbrook Garrison and protects the border from the Riverpaw gnolls.
- Main article: Elwynn Forest (Classic) quests
- See also: Elwynn Forest questing guide, Powerlevel Elwynn Forest
Elwynn Forest is the starting zone for humans. The quest range here runs from level 1 to 12 with the earliest, starting quests concentrated in Northshire Valley. In southern Elwynn the player can witness the rivalry between the Stonefields, Malcures and Brackwells and do quests on both sides (the Brackwell Pumpkin Patch is currently overrun by Defias). The quests also include fighting the murlocs near Crystal and Stone-Cairn Lakes and the kobolds in the two big mines - the Fargodeep and Jasperlode. But the strongest recurring threat are the Defias Brotherhood (strangely, most of them are situated in Eastern Elwynn, having their base somewhere in Westfall).
Two quest chains run the adventurer back and forth between the rival farms of the Maclure and Stonefield families. Although not a quest chain, sets the Defias threat early. Meanwhile, the drop quest could help link the gnolls near Ridgepoint Tower to the Defias.
Northshire Valley is the starting subzone with the level 1-5 quests. Goldshire is the central village for those following most zone quests and suggested home inn for levels 6-10. Stormwind City is the capital, with all level quests geared to quests that draw adventurers to other zones.
- Fish - Fishing skill 25 needed to fish open water without catching junk
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12):
- Elwynn Forest has been converted over to the new graveyard system. The system will place your character's spirit at the closest allowed graveyard in the zone.
- A neutral graveyard has been added at the Eastvale Logging Camp in Elwynn Forest. The graveyard at Goldshire is now for use by the Alliance exclusively. Horde characters dying in Elwynn Forest and its sub-areas, as well as in Stormwind, The Stockade and the Deeprun Tram, will have their spirits travel to the new graveyard at the Eastvale Logging Camp.