|Main leader||Prince Renathal|
|Theater of operations||Sinfall, Revendreth|
The Ember Court was the event held by Prince Renathal before being banished to the Maw in order to sustain his influence in Revendreth. He is now re-establishing his court and inviting VIPs from Revendreth and beyond.
A new court has opened in Revendreth, where Prince Renathal attempts to unite allies from across the Shadowlands and increase his covenant's influence.
The guest list is maintained by Lord Garridan, entertainment is organized by the dredger Hips, and refreshments provided by Picky Stefan from your first Court. Gaining reputation with the Ember Court unlocks further party organizing options, themes by Boot the Beaut and security by Watchmaster Boromod, purchased from Temel. Lady Ilinca also sells Ember Court related items. Increasing your reputation also unlocks one of the color tints for the Venthyr Covenant sets, purchased from Lady Rovinette.
The five categories of preferences are:
- Cleanliness, ranging from Messy to Clean
- Danger, ranging from Safe to Dangerous
- Decadence, ranging from Humble to Decadent
- Excitement, ranging from Relaxing to Exciting
- Formality, ranging from Casual to Formal
Before entering the Ember Court, various NPCs allow you to select options to modify it from the onset, allowing for different events or quests within the instance to help with the preference bar. Each option must be unlocked through a quest, the expansion of options must be purchased from Temel, and every week one of these NPCs requires a quest before you can choose an option that always requires obtaining one reagent and 20-50 .
Note, that each selection grants both its default and the opposite, with a slight boost to the default from the onset of the scenario. For example, the Traditional decoration is +Dangerous because the candles cause fires, but if you put them out it grants +Safe.
The more NPCs you unlock, the more upgrades you obtain (Sanctum Upgrade or purchased upgrade), and the more selections you unlock, the more populated the Ember Court becomes, both instanced and uninstanced. For example, unlocking Stoneborn Reserves as an option places stoneborn statues and gargoyles all over the perimeter of Sinfall.
Different rewards are obtained at the end of each party depending on both your standing reputation with each RSVP Guest and their happiness levels. Each guest has a set of preferences that makes them happier, and going contrary to those preferences makes them unhappy.
The happiness spectrum ranges from Miserable, to Unhappy, to Uncomfortable, to Comfortable, to Happy, to Elated. Elated brings the most anima rewards, the most reputation gain for that guest, and the rarer rewards. In addition, you gain reputation for each guest you have present, where the more you have, the more you gain.
- Theotar's ecclectic dredgers are famous for hosting wonderfully fancy tea parties. Enjoy the quiet, contemplative side of Revendreth's high society.
- Delight your guests with the best baking Bastion's chefs have to offer! Rarely seen in Revendreth, these treats are as exotic as they are beautiful.
- Live on the edge with massive platters of odd-smelling and alarmingly unlabeled fungi from all across the Shadowlands. How mysterious!
- Hips lets you select entertainment. (Default)
- Helping souls along their journey toward atonement is Revendreth's most timeless court activity. The Accuser will be happy to oblige.
- The wild beasts of Ardenweald are difficult to subdue, but would provide a memorable spectacle for our guests to observe.
- The music of the Lost Chalice Band is transcendent! Souls don't typically perform at courts, but they are worth making an exception for.
- Boot the Beaut lets you select decorations. ()
- Keep it classic with the traditional venthyr aesthetic of lit candles and decorative stone fiends.
- Reflect back on the many different paths that led each soul to Revendreth, with decorations from the realm of mortals.
- Surprise your guests with a myriad of mirrors connecting to unknown places throughout Revendreth and beyond.
- Watchmaster Boromod lets you select security. ()
- We may be few in number, but the bravest among us will always rise to meet approaching enemies.
- It is expensive to maintain a standing army of stoneborn, but we could activate them for this court to give our guests extra peace of mind.
- The Maldraxxian army is unmatched across the Shadowlands in military training, effective weaponry, and disgusting messes.
|Rank 1: A New Court||1000
|Re-establish the Ember Court, and start on a journey to restore it to its former glory.|
Help Theotar build this new court that will expand the influence of the Venthyr covenant across Revendreth and beyond.
|Rank 2: Homegrown Help||5000
|Influence more anima into the restoration of the Ember Court.|
You will now be able to create a dredger butler to assist you in hosting the Ember Court.
|Rank 3: Court Influencer||10000
|Increase the capacity for guests within the Ember Court.|
Now you can expand the guest list, allowing you to invite a third guest to each Ember Court. Increasing your options for earning unique rewards from your guests.
|Rank 4: Discerning Taste||12000
|This infusion of anima continues to build upon the Ember Court's growing reputation.|
Attract the attention of even the most discerning guests, allowing you to invite a fourth guest to each Ember Court. This expands further your opportunities for earning the respect of our guests.
|Rank 5: The Professionals||15000
|The Ember Court reaches its full potential, and it's weekly parties are now the talk of all the realms.|
You are now able to hire five specialist staff who will help you foster the perfect atmosphere in each and every Ember Court event. This gives you the best opportunity yet to earn the best rewards your guests have to offer.
The Dredger Butler pet can be customized.
The Professionals unlocks the following:
- Breakfist down in the dredger pools can adjust Cleanliness.
- Crooked Crick in the refreshments area can adjust Decadence.
- Lady Ilinca in the embassy area can adjust Formality.
- Cosmin the Illusionist on stage can adjust Excitement.
- Wing Commander Vulpek at the front gates can adjust Danger.
RSVP guest possibilities
Stubborn and principled, Cryptkeeper Kassir will always fight
for what he believes in. We must ensure that he continues to believe in us.
|Formal||Ember Court Barrier |
Crypt Keeper's Vessel
|1||Plague Deviser Marileth
His experiments may be messy, but Maldraxxus's
master slime scientist always finds a solution.
Choofa and his friends are party animals, in every meaning of the phrase.
|Exciting||Bulging Collection of Random Bits|
This single remarkable steward keeps all of Bastion operational.
She deserves a break, but will need to be convinced to take one.
|Clean||A Gushing Thank You on Formal Parchment |
Sika's Rare Ore Pouch
Our simple-minded friend to the south controls access to the
Ember Ward. He would certainly love to attend court with his "best bud."
|Casual||Stonewing Halberd |
The great bear Aliothe is a wild god, but she is not primitive.
|Relaxing||Claw Carved Thank You |
Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism
Overseeing Maldraxxus's famous Theater of Pain is as time-consuming
as it is lucrative. We'll need to make it worth his time to attend our court.
|2||Kleia and Pelagos
These soulbinds are strongest together, and
their friends amongst the venthyr will be please to see them again.
|Humble||Pelegos's Thougtful Thank You Note|
|3||Rendle and Cudgelface
Hard workers deserve appreciation. And few work
harder for Sinfall than Rendle and Cudgelface
The Ashbringer has spent lifetimes in war, never allowed his final rest.
Members of the Wild Hunt are known for their ferocity, not
their manners. A fearsome fighter, Hunt-Captain Korayn has no patience for ceremony.
Always on duty, this stoic ascended must be ordered to have
a good time, even at a party.
As Revendreth's premier party host and socialist, the Countess
has an outsized influence on public perception.
This restless leader of the naga is watching and judging.
|Decree: Baroness Vashj's Favor|
A mercurial member of the Court of Night, Lady Moonberry is known
for her tricks as well her influence. She not easily charmed.
|Decree: Lady Moonberry's Favor|
Decree: Lady Moonberry's Esteem
As Forgelite Prime of Bastion, Mikanikos is always tinkering with new inventions.
|Decree: Mikanikos's Favor|
Decree: Mikanikos's Esteem
Decree: Mikanikos's Boon
All reward chests grant Ember Court reputation proportional to their happiness levels. They also grant grey items, anima, transmog appearances, mounts, and buffs that are either visual flavor or damage buffs that last for an hour or more.
|Honored||Building: Guard House||100|
|Altar of Accomplishment||25|
|Exalted||Mantle of Court Blades||1750|
- Lady Rovinette
- Lady Ilinca
|Invitation: Grandmaster Vole|
|Best Friends with at least one guest||Rally Bell||25|
- After reaching Best Friend status, the toy lets the player write a letter to a random Best Friend, and the player receives a reply at the next reset. See the toy's page for all the letters.
- The on-approach dialogue and gossip text changes based on friendship level; some appear to change only once (before Buddy vs Buddy or higher), others change two times (before Buddy, Buddy to Friend, Friend and higher).
- Though in the uninstanced version the tower is named Spire of the Unseen Guests, the instanced version of the Ember Court retains its original alpha name, Spire of the Unseen Servants.
- The Hired Curators that appear once you unlock Mortal Reminders decorations belong to Cartel Ta.
- Holiday specific changes
- During the Feast of Winter Veil, additional options are available near Theotar to boost your guests' happiness. You can offer them a toast, give them a gift, or even sing from a Winter Veil Caroling Book.
- During the Lunar Festival, Naladu is seen in the Winter Court, giving you a buff.
- During Love is in the Air, Theotar once again provides happiness boosts.
- During Noblegarden, Theotar puts you on an egg hunt, where finding and turning in all four eggs gives you a buff, 300% friendship gains, five minutes extra time during the segment you are in (make sure to not turn it in during "Preparation"!), and bonus happiness for all guests.
- During Children's Week, Theotar's ward "Bubbins" appears next to Theotar and offers you a cosmetic parasol and a cooldown reducing buff tea.
- During Midsummer Fire Festival, there is a bonfire behind Theotar that can be lit for bonus happiness to all guests, and dredgers juggling lit torches all over the instance.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.