|Location||Admiral Taylor's Farm, Spires of Arak|
After the Alliance established their garrison in Arak, Taylor noticed that Ephial was obsessed with ley lines. When a group of lumberjacks disappeared, he and Nas Dunberlin went to clear the area of wasps. A few days later, the Iron Horde attacked and Ephial went missing after the fighting but subsequently returned. Wrathion told Taylor to keep an eye on Ephial. When Taylor left for the Ring of Blood arena battles, Ephial took control of the garrison. After Taylor returned, he was determined to put things right but Ephial turned on his comrades, killed everyone in the garrison and raised them as ghosts.
- Corruption — Corrupts nearby enemies, inflicting Shadow damage every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
- Soul Fire — Burns the victim's soul, inflicting massive Fire damage.
- Void Bolt — Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage.
- Main article: Admiral Taylor (quest)#Notes
Notes and trivia
- Ephial's motives for betraying Taylor lay in the promises of power, offered by someone or something he refers to as the 'dark one'.
- He is similar to Naberius, in the sense that both betrayed their Alliance expeditions to Draenor in order to dabble with the dark powers of necromancy.
- His name is likely a reference to Ephialtes of Trachis, who betrayed the Greeks during the famous Battle of Thermopylae in the Greco-Persian Wars.
The identity of the dark one is unclear but it is speculated to be an Old God or Kel'Thuzad. Judging by Ephial's abilities, and it could be either of them. It might also have been the Jailer, or one of his allies, like Mueh'zala or Denathrius.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.